Zlata Ognevich is a happy winner in Ukraine23 December 2012 at 14:05 CET
The Ukrainian final was presented by Timur Myroshnychenko, Tetyana Vozheva and Tetyana Goncharova. In the beginning of the show, the hosts explained rules of televoting: only one sms-vote was allowed for every contestant from one mobile phone. The members of the professional jury were people from the show business: Egor Benkendorf, Walid Arfush, Olena Mozgova, Yurij Rybchunskyj and Olga Navrotska.
The show started with a traditional ethnic song Zelenyj Dubochok in the Ukrainian language. After the entry, the singers Oksana Pekun and Maxim Novytskyj withdrew their entrance from the voting.
19 contestants were fighting to win the ticket of representing Ukraine in the Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö. They delivered entertaining stage acts and sang in English, Russian and Ukrainian.
The band Gvozdivchanka performed a traditional ethnic song Naletily Gusenyata. The band consisted of five women in Ukrainian traditional clothes. They compared themselves with Buranovskiye Babushki, the Russian representatives in the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest.
After all competitors performed on stage, the audience was entertained by the artists who came to support their favourites: Tetyana Vozheva, Shanis, Matias, Pavlo Sokolova and Oleg Vynnyk.
In the end, the professional jury and the TV viewers chose the strongest act. It is Zlata Ognevich with her song Gravity.
This was the line-up of today's final (in order of appearance, winner in bold):
- Oksana Pekun and Maxim Novytskyj - Zelenyj Dubochok (withdrew)
- Mary Yaremchuk - Imagine (30 points)
- Marietta - Wonder (14 points)
- Dmytro Yaremchuk - Mamo (28 points)
- Inesh - Delayu Shag (18 points)
- Zlata Ognevich - Gravity (40 points)
- Duet Emotion - Saviour (25 points)
- Band Gvozdivchanka - Naletily Gusenyata (22 points)
- RealIvanna - You Gave Me Everything (27 poinzs)
- Tetyana Shyrko - Feeling Like A Sir (30 points)
- Band Triniti - Belym Po Belomu (14 points)
- Ana Stesia - Dare To Change (16 points)
- Alina Grosu - Let Go (29 points)
- Dasha Medova - Don't Want To Be Alone (37 points)
- Olena Korneva - You'll Be The Winner Forever (25 points)
- Angelia - Love Is Life (12 points)
- Eduard Romanyuta - Get Real With My Heart (33 points)
- Matvij Vermijenko - Otkryvaj Menya (10 points)
- Band DiO.filmy - Medlyak (27 points)
- Dmytro Skalozubov - Davno (14 points)
Music of Zlata’s song Gravity was written by a famous composer Mikhail Nekrasov.
If you missed the Ukrainian final, you can watch it again online in our ESCTV Player! You can also listen to Zlata's song on the website of NTU.