The Icelandic final was packed with former Icelandic Eurovision Song Contest participants. Paul Oscar (1997), Selma (1999, 2005), Silvia Night (2006) and Einer Augúst Víðisson and Telma Augústdóttir (2000) among many others showed up on stage performing in the beginning of the show. Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins also featured many interviews of famous - and less famous - Icelandic people. Euroband and their song This Is My Life won the televote, and since this entry also was the bookmakers' favorite to win, it is no surprise that this catchy song will represent the Atlantic island state in Belgrade.
After the televote, the top three songs were as follows:
- Euroband - This Is My Life
- Mercedes Club - Ho, ho, ho we say hey, hey, hey
- Dr. Spock - Hvar Ertu nNú?
Other participants of tonight's final were:
- Páll Rósinkrans - Gef Mér Von
- Magni Ásgeirsson - Nuna Veit ég
- Davíð Þorsteinn Olgeirsson - In Your Dreams
- Baggalútur - Hvað Var það Sem þú Sást í Honum?
- Ragnheiður Gröndal - Don't Wake Me Up
Euroband will be representing Iceland in the second Semi-Final of this year's Eurovision Song Contest on 22nd of May. If Iceland qualifies, it would be the first time since 2004 the country will compete in the Final.