Tonight: Who will win the United Kingdom's ticket to Tel Aviv?08 February 2019 at 12:35 CET
Tonight we will find out if it will be Anisa, Holly Tandy, Jordan Clarke, Kerrie-Anne, MAID or Michael Rice who will join France's Bilal Hassani and Spain's Miki and fly the flag for the United Kingdom in the Grand Final on the 18th of May.
The show, coming live from Media City UK in Salford, will be hosted by Mel Giedroyc and Eurovision 2015 winner Måns Zelmerlöw. The Swedish singer and presenter is also set to give an exciting live performance! You can watch the show via the BBC iPlayer.
Three songs, six acts
The BBC has selected three songs, each to be performed in two different versions by two different artists:
- Bigger Than Us (written by Laurell Barker, Anna-Klara Folin, John Lundvik and Jonas Thander)
- Freaks (written by Jon Maguire, Rick Parkhouse, Corey Sanders and George Tizzard)
- Sweet Lies (written by Maria Broberg, Lise Cabble and Esben Svane)
The songs will be performed by:
- Anisa - Sweet Lies (LISTEN)
- Holly Tandy - Bigger Than Us (LISTEN)
- Jordan Clarke - Freaks (LISTEN)
- Kerrie-Anne - Sweet Lies (LISTEN)
- MAID - Freaks (LISTEN)
- Michael Rice - Bigger Than Us (LISTEN)
Click here for more info on the participants.
Each of the three songs will be performed in two different styles, each by a different act. The first part of the show will see three rounds of this 'song-off'. After all six acts have performed, expert judges will decide which three acts and version of each song will face the public's vote.
The judging panel consists of Eurovision super-fan and presenter Rylan Clark-Neal, popstar and BBC Radio 1 DJ Mollie King and DJ, popstar and presenter Marvin Humes.
The three final acts will then perform one more time before the lines open and the public can choose which song and performer will represent the United Kingdom in the Grand Final of the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest in Tel Aviv.