Turku's Caribia Hall has hosted many glamourous events - and tonight, there will be one more: the Finnish national final for the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest! Ten artists will be present to be voted on by the Finnish TV audience: first to compile a so called superfinal of three songs, and then to compile the winner. Only televote will prevail.
The songs tonight
The ten songs being on stage tonight were chosen in three semi-finals of five songs with the top three in each heat progressing to the final. Additionally to that, an expert jury gave out one special wildcard to Eveliina Määttä.
- Eveliina Määttä - Dancing In the Dark
- Sami Hintsanen - Täältä Maailmaan
- Milana Misic - Sydämeni Kaksi Maata
- Paradise Oskar - Da Da Dam
- Cardiant - Rapture In Time
- Johanna Iivanainen - Luojani Mun
- Father McKenzie - Good Enough
- Marko Maunuksela - Synkän Maan Tango
- Saara Aalto - Blessed With Love
- Stala & So. - Pamela
The hosts of the Finnish final will be long-term presenter Jaana Pelkonen - who also presented the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest - and Tom Nylund.
Finland narrowly missed out on a spot in the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest final when Kuunkuiskaajat's Työlki Ellää ended up 11th in its Semi-Final. Will they be more successful this year?