We have our first ten finalists20 May 2015 at 00:59 CEST
The ten winners will shortly have a press conference where they will also draw their position to be in either the first or second half of the Grand Final.Gallery: First Semi-Final - Winners on stage (1) Gallery: First Semi-Final - Winners on stage (2)
16 acts were competing in the first Semi-Final of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in order of appearance were:
The first Semi-Final Contenders
- Moldova: I Want Your Love sung by Eduard Romanyuta
- Armenia: Face The Shadow sung by Genealogy
- Belgium: Rhythm Inside sung by Loïc Nottet
- Netherlands: Walk Along sung by Trijntje Oosterhuis
- Finland: Aina Mun Pitää sung by Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät
- Greece: One Last Breath sung by Maria-Elena Kyriakou
- Estonia: Goodbye To Yesterday sung by Elina Born & Stig Rästa
- F.Y.R. Macedonia: Autumn Leaves sung by Daniel Kajmakoski
- Serbia: Beauty Never Lies sung by Bojana Stamenov
- Hungary: Wars For Nothing sung by Boggie
- Belarus: Time sung by Uzari&Maimuna
- Russia: A Million Voices sung by Polina Gagarina
- Denmark: The Way You Are sung by Anti Social Media
- Albania: I'm Alive sung by Elhaida Dani
- Romania: De La Capat/ All Over Again sung by Voltaj
- Georgia: Warrior sung by Nina Sublatti
First Semi-Final concludes
The first ten finalists (beside those already known, Austria, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom and Australia), will take part in the Grand Final of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest, which takes place on Saturday the 23rd of May. Another ten finalists will be chosen in the second Semi-Final on 21st of May.
The result was determined by way of a 50/50 split between national expert juries and televoting. The combined scores created the final outcome. In yesterday's Jury Final, the expert juries already determined their votes for the first Semi-Final by watching the live performances. Televoting took place tonight during the live show.
If you missed the show, you can still watch it here.
16 Songs: 20 countries voted
Sixteen songs have participated in the First Semi-Final, and professional juries and viewers in each of the participating countries, as well as in Spain, Austria, France and Australia voted tonight.