Just like in 2011 and 2012 an internal comission from Italy's broadcaster RAI will choose their entry for the Eurovision Song Contest. Since their comeback in 2011 they've finished in the top 10 with both Raphael Gualazzi and Nina Zilli. Who will follow in their footsteps in Malmö?
The Sanremo finalists
The singer will be once again selected from the finalists of the Sanremo Festival, and those are, along with the titles of the songs they'll perform tonight:
- Raphael Gualazzi - Sai (Ci Basta Un Sogno)
- Almamegretta - Mamma, Non Lo Sa
- Daniele Silvestri - A Bocca Chiusa
- Moda - Se Si Potesse Non Morire
- Simone Cristicchi - La Prima Volta (Che Sono Morto)
- Maria Nazionale - E’ Colpa Mia
- Annalisa - Scintille!
- Max Gazze - Sotto Casa
- Chiara Galiazzo - Il Futuro Che Sarà
- Marta sui Tubi - Vorrei
- Malika Ayane - E Se Poi
- Elio e le Storie Tese - La Canzone Mononota
- Marco Mengoni - L’Essenziale
- Simona Molinari and Peter Cincotti - La Felicità
Raphael Gualazzi won the newcomers section of Sanremo 2011 and went on to represent Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest in Düsseldorf where he placed second.
There was also the newcomers competition last night. The finalists were (in ranking order):
- Antonio Maggio - Mi Servirebbe Sapere
- Ilaria Porceddu - In Equilibrio
- Renzo Rubino - Il Postino (Amami Uomo)
- Blastema - Dietro L’Intima Ragione
Andrea Bocelli will be one of the guest stars tonight. The winner of Sanremo 2013 will be selected by an expert jury and televoting. But before the results, the Italian performer for the Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö will be announced live on the show and you'll be able to watch the whole final evening with us on our Web TV Player.