Watch tonight: Hungary chooses for Copenhagen!22 February 2014 at 02:59 CET
Over the past weeks, a huge audience has been following A Dal 2014, the series of shows to select the Hungarian entry for the Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen. It all started with 30 hopefuls, and now, after the quarter-final and semi-final stage has concluded, only eight finalists are left.
Tonight, they will all fight for the right to represent their home country on the stage of Europe's Favourite TV Show, in an exciting show, the outcome of which will be jointly decided by the TV public and a four-member expert jury.
You can watch the show live at 20:25 CET tonight on Eurovision.tv's WebTV player!
- Bogi - We All
- Depresszió - Csak a zene
- Király Viktor - Running Out Of Time
- New Level Empire - The Last One
- Kállay-Saunders András - Running
- Fool Moon - It Can’t Be Over
- Pál Dénes - Brave New World
- Honey Beast - A legnagyobb hős
This content is unfortunately no longer available
Wanna get a different view on the entries? Then check out the acoustic versions of the songs presented on the official A Dal youtube channel!
Settling their bets
Each contestant had to promise to do something exceptional in case they make it to the final - now you can watch video proofs that everyone settled their bets!
- Fool Moon promised to sing their song only wearing socks.
- Bogi promised to try to sing a metal song.
- New Level Empire vowed to wash Kati Kovács's car and sing their song in danish, but Kat's car broke down so they didnt have to do it in the end.
- Kállay-Saunders promised to sing A Dal medley.
- Viktor Király promised to do the same, only with Eurovision songs.
- Dénes Pál promised to try snowboarding.
- HoneyBeast promised to sing their song on the underground.
- Depresszio promised to watch a romantic movie.
In the final tonight, the jury will give their opinions as usual but they will only reveal their scores after the last performance, picking four entries for the "super-final" voting. The TV audience will then have the final say: they can vote for their favourite among the four remaining entries.
The jury and the presenters
The expert jury comprises Magdi Rúzsa, who represented Hungary in the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest, Jenő Csizsár, Philip Rákay, and Kati Kovács.
The Hungarian 2013 Eurovision representative, ByeAlex, will be a "digital commentator": he will be discussing online and commenting on the performances during the shows. Éva Novodomszky and Gábor Gundel Takács will host the shows, joined by Krisztina Rátonyi and Levente Harsányi as backstage presenters.