There is a nice mix of rock and pop songs as well as ballads in the Ukrainian national final, in different languages: English, Ukrainian and Russian. 13 female artists and 7 male artists will fight for the honour to represent Ukraine in the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest. Among them there are young and talented singers who just stand at the beginning of their musical career and some already well known names.
Some of participants have already some Eurovision experience. Roman Polonsky tried his luck in the Russian and Ukrainian national qualifying rounds in 2005. Volodymyr Tkachenko participated in the pre-rounds in 2006, 2010 and 2011. Shanis performed in the Ukrainian national final in 2011.
Here is the line-up of the Ukrainian contestants. You can listen to their entries recorded in the pre-selection.
- Duet Anna-Maria - 5 Stars Hotel
- Roman Polonskij - Wanted Dead Or Alive
- ULI RUD - Tswetok (Flower)
- Marietta - It's My Life
- Stas Shurins - Why
- Anatoli Shparyov - Waiting For You
- Nataliya Valevska - Love Makes You Beautiful
- Lissa Wassabi - No Fear
- Volodymyr Tkachenko - Buty Tam De Ty (To Be Where You Are)
- Shanis - Moya Dusha (My Soul)
- Victoria Petryk - Love Is Lord
- Evgen Litvinkovych - Strelyanaya Ptitsa (Wounded Bird)
- Band NeAngely - Courageous
- Illaria - I’m Alive
- Tetyana Shyrko - Let Go
- Tania BerQ - Believe Me
- Mariya Yaremchuk - Tick-Tock
- Victor Romanchenko - Na Krayu Propasti (On The Brink Of The Abyss)
- Anna Hodorkovska - Yesli Yest Lyubov (If There Is Love)
- Denis Lyubimov - Love
The charming Zlata Ognevich who participated in the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö is expected in today's show as a guest. The Ukrainian singer Matias and Kamalia will come to support the participants. Sofia Tarasova who took part in the 2013 Junior Eurovision Song Contest will sing in the interval act. The hosts are Timur Miroshnychenko and Tetyana Terehova.
The winner in the Ukrainian national selection will be chosen by a join decision of a professional jury and the sms-voting public. Only one sms is allowed from every mobile phone. Mass media can also give their voice for their favourites in an extra voting.