Tonight the host country of the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest, Norway, held the first of three semi-finals of their national selection Melodi Grand Prix at the home of Norway's Air Force, Ørland Hovedflystasjon. Out of the seven songs presented in the show, two of them went on directly to the final in Oslo Spektrum on the 6th of February (qualifiers in bold):
- Gaute Ormåsen - Synk Eller Svøm
- Lene Alexandra - Primadonna
- Johnny Hide - Rewind Love
- Bjørn Johan Muri - Yes Man
- Elisabeth Carew - Rocketfuel
- Maria Haukaas Storeng - Make My Day
- Keep Of Kalessin - The Dragontower
Gaute Ormåsen and Bjørn Johan Muri will have their last chance to qualify in the Siste Sjansen round that will take place on the 30th of January in Sarpsborg. Next Friday the show moves to the town of Bodø where seven new songs will be presented.
Norway won the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest with Alexander Rybak's Fairytale which went on to be a massive international success.