On The Late, Late Show special tonight, host Ryan Tubridy will present the five songs that are in contention for EuroSong 2013, and a combination of juries and televoting will determine which song will represent Ireland in the First Semi-Final of the Eurovision Song Contest on Tuesday the 14th of May.
Last November RTÉ nominated five mentors with proven experience in the Irish music industry and asked them each to select an act and a song which they believe has the potential to be a Eurovision Song Contest winner.
The songs will be performed in the following order:
- Son Kez/The Last Time composed by Hugh O'Neill and Sinead Bradley (Arranged by Tevfik Kulak) Sung by Inchequin and mentored by Shay Healy.
- Crashing Down composed by Robert Grace. Sung by Aimée Fitzpatrick and mentored by Mark McCabe.
- Fire composed by Lauren White, Niall Mooney and Willie Weeks. Sung by Zoe Alexis Bohorquez and mentored by Niall Mooney.
- Only Love Survives composed by Wez Devine and Ryan Dolan. Sung by Ryan Dolan and mentored by Stuart O'Connor.
- Kiss Me There composed by Drax. Sung by Kasey and mentored by Mairéad Farrell.
This content is unfortunately no longer available
There will be a few familiar faces cropping up throughout the show. Paul Harrington who won the contest in 1994 for Ireland will acompany Aimée Fitzpatrick on piano. Donna McCaul who represented Ireland in 2005 and also participated in EuroSong 2012 will provide backing vocals to Zoe Alexis Bohorquez
Lordi, winners of the Eurovision Song Contest 2006 for Finland, will be making a guest appearance, ahead of their European tour, which will take in Germany, Spain, France, Italy, United Kingdom and Sweden. Their new album is released on the 1st of March.
You can join viewers of RTÉ One, and watch EuroSong 2013 on Eurovision.tv from 22:35 CET.