For a small country, Estonia really punches above its weight in the Eurovision Song Contest, having achieved impressive results since it first entered in 1994. In 2001 the country even went on to win the contest in Copenhagen with the song Everybody.
Now, some 12 years later, Estonia and broadcaster ERR are eager for another victory at Europe's Favourite TV Show and tonight the first Semi-Final of Eesti Laul 2013 will take place in Tallinn.
This content is unfortunately no longer available
Ten acts will compete for 5 places in the Grand Final, which is to be held on the 3rd of March. You can listen to all 20 acts (including Semi-Final 2) on ERR's website.
The 10 acts competing tonight (in order of appearance) are:
- Armastus - Young Girl
- Marilyn Jurman - Moving To Mmm
- Winny Puhh - Meiecundimees üks Korsakov läks eile Lätti
- Sarah - Taevas valgeks läeb
- Teele & Tuuli & Ula - Ring The Alarm
- Rosanna Lints - Follow Me
- Grete Paia - Päästke noored hinged
- Elina Born - Enough
- Kõrsikud - Suuda öelda ei
- Anisa - The Missing Thing
Estonia will participate in the first Semi-Final of the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest, being held in Malmö, Sweden on the 14th of May.