Although the live show for the second Semi-Final takes place tomorrow evening, when viewers in 21 countries will have their opportunity to vote to decide the ten qualifiers. It is worth remembering that this evening's show is of equal significance, as this is the show that the professional juries will be watching and voting on, and they are responsible for 50% of the votes.
17 Songs: 21 Juries
Seventeen songs will participate in the second Semi-Final, and professional juries in each of the participating countries, as well as in Germany, Italy, United Kingdom and Australia, will be voting on tonight's show. They will account for 50% of the overall total.
Each jury will be comprised of five members, (including a chairperson) who will be the same jurors who will also be voting in the Final. They will monitored by an independent notary in each country. The jury consists of a variety of members in terms of age, gender, and background. They are all citizens of the country they are representing.
None of the jury members are connected with any of the participating songs or artists, in order that they can vote independently. All jury members have made signed declarations stating that they will vote independently.
You can find out who is in each national jury here.
The Jury Voting
Each jury member will rank all the songs in the show by judging each song, each jury member will focus on the vocal capability of the artists, the performance on stage, the composition and originality of the song, and the overall impression by the act.
The EBU's televoting partner Digame will merge the points given by the jury and the televoters tomorrow night per individual country. If there is a tie between two or more songs between jury votes and televotes, then the song gaining the most televotes will be ranked higher.
You can see a further explanation of the voting in the short video below.
The second Semi-Final Contenders
- Lithuania: This Time sung by Monika Linkytė and Vaidas Baumila
- Ireland: Playing With Numbers sung by Molly Sterling
- San Marino: Chain Of Lights sung by Anita Simoncini & Michele Perniola
- Montenegro: Adio sung by Knez
- Malta: Warrior sung by Amber
- Norway: A Monster Like Me sung by Mørland & Debrah Scarlett
- Portugal: Há Um Mar Que Nos Separa sung by Leonor Andrade
- Czech Republic: Hope Never Dies Marta Jandová and Václav Noid Bárta
- Israel: Golden Boy sung by Nadav Guedj
- Latvia: Love Injected sung by Aminata
- Azebaijan: Hour Of The Wolf sung by Elnur Huseynov
- Iceland: Unbroken sung by Maria Olafs
- Sweden: Heroes sung by Måns Zelmerlöw
- Switzerland: Time To Shine sung by Mélanie René
- Cyprus: One Thing I Should Have Done sung by John Karayiannis
- Slovenia: Here For You sung by Maraaya
- Poland: In The Name Of Love sung by Monika Kuszyńska
Gallery: Second Semi-Final: Dress Rehearsal
The live show of the second Semi-Final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 will take place on Thursday 21st of May at 21:00 CET and will broadcast live on Eurovision.tv.
Which songs do you think the juries favour over the televoters?