The big night is on for Portugal. Tonight, the final of the Festival da Canção will be broadcast from Teatro Camões in Lisbon. The entries competing for a place in Moscow are:
1. Nucha - Tudo Está Na Tua Mão
2. Romana - Acordem Olhos Doirados
3. Filipa Batista - O Teu Lugar
4. André Rodrigues - Não Vou Voltar A Mim
5. Luciana Abreu - Juntos Vamos Conseguir (Yes We Can)
6. Nuno Norte - Lua Sem Luar
7. Fernando Pereira - É O Amor
8. Tayti - Amore Mio, Amore Mio
9. Eva Danin - Amar Mais Forte Que O Vento
10. Francisco Andrade - Voar É Ver
11. Flor de Lis - Todas As Ruas Do Amor
12. Nuno & Fábia - Não Demores (Quero-te Aquecer)
The call for songs held by RTP for the Festival da Canção 2009 was open to the public. However, only songs by Portuguese composers were allowed, and all of the songs had to be performed in Portuguese. A total of 393 entries were received, from which an expert jury selected the best 24 songs. From 19 to 30 January people from around the world voted for their favourite songs on the competing 24 songs over the Internet. The top 12 entries qualified for the grand final.
During the final, the voting will be decided by a mixture of televoting and jury voting, with a 50% share in the outcome for both groups. The votes will be awarded from each region of Portugal.
In the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest, Vânia Fernandes qualified for the final with Senhora Do Mar and finished 13th. Portugal will perform in the first Semi-Final in Moscow 2009.