The 47th edition of the Festival da Canção takes place on the 5th of March at the Teatro Camões in Lisbon. After a one-week internet voting, the 24 originally selected songs have been cut down to 12 for the TV-show. These are the lucky ones in ranking order:
- Homens da Luta - Luta É Alegria (Jel / Vasco Duarte) 17374 votes
- Wanda Stuart - Chegar À Tua Voz (Paul Teixeira de Sousa) 14394 votes
- Inês Bernardo - Deixa O Meu Lugar (Joana Ferraz / Leonel Monteiro) 14105 votes
- Ricardo Sousa - O Mar, O Vento E As Estrelas (Fernando Guerreiro / Carlos Freitas) 14062 votes
- Filipa Ruas - Tensão (Filipa Ruas, Pedro Sá, Daniel Nilsson, Henrik Szabo, Johnny Sanchez, Jonas Gladnikoff & Michael Eriksson) 14058 votes
- 7 Saias - Embalo Do Coração (Ana Rita Rebello / Páquito C. Braziel) 14056 votes
- Carla Moreno - Sobrevivo (Carlos Coelho / Andrej Bábic) 13868 votes
- Henrique Feist - Quase A Voar (José Fanha / Nuno Feist) 13844 votes
- Nuno Norte - São Os Barcos De Lisboa (Carlos Massa) 13817 votes
- Rui Andrade - Em Nome Do Amor (Carlos Meireles / Artur Guimarães) 13656 votes
- Tânia Tavares - Se Esse Dia Chegar (Tânia Tavares & Nuno Valério / Gorgi) 13592 votes
- Axel - Boom Boom Yeah (Axel / José Félix) 13448 votes
Homens da Luta lead the voting since the very beginning. Now in the final, the winner will be selected by an expert-regional jury and by televote on a 50/50 basis.
Last year's Portuguese entry, Ha Dias Assim performed by Filipa Azevedo reached the Final in Oslo, where it placed 18th. In Düsseldorf Portugal participates in the first semifinal, on Tuesday the 10th of May.