Today the Swiss public broadcasters have announced the nineteen candidates who will proceed to the next stage of the national selection - the expert check, to take place on December 6th. Check out their songs and learn how the Swiss entry for Stockholm will be chosen in the end!
The four Swiss public broadcasters involved in the national selection for the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest have today announced the 19 acts that have qualified for the next stage of the national selection:
SRF and RTR (Swiss-German and Rumantsch broadcasters)
- Erica Arnold - Ich bin ich
- Vincent Gross - Half A Smile
- Samuel Tobias Klauser - Asking Me Why
- Maika - The Reason
- Stanley Miller - Feel The Love
- Platzhirsch - Holz vor dr Hütta
- Rykka - The Last Of Our Kind
- Patric Scott feat. Abdullah Alhussainy - No Boundaries
- Sunanda - Ooops!?!
- Evelyn Zangger - Have A Little Faith In Me
RTS (Swiss-French broadcaster)
- Bella C - Another World
- Kaceo - Disque d’or
- Stéphanie Palazzo - Perché mi guardi cosi?
- Stéphanie Sandoz - Flashback
- Loic Schumacher - Génération demain
- Gina von Glasow - Left With An Idiot
RSI (Swiss-Italian broadcaster)
- Nathalie Cadlini - Share Love
- Elias - Elephant
- Theo - Because Of You
On December 6th, the 19 acts will perform live in front of an expert team who will choose the six best ones, judging their live abilities, singing qualities and stage presence. You will be able to watch the selection live on the SRF website.
In the national final, the six selected candidates will present their respective entries as well as one additional cover version in a live show, to be broadcast from the Bodensee Arena in Kreuzlingen on February 13th, 2016. A joint 50/50 vote of an expert jury and the TV viewers will decide who will represent Switzerland in Stockholm at the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest.