Sweden: Melodifestivalen 2017 participants revealed30 November 2016 at 11:05 CET
Earlier today the Swedish broadcaster, SVT, revealed the song titles and the names of the artists participating in their national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest, Melodifestivalen 2017, during a press conference in Stockholm.
According to the Contest Producer, Christer Björkman "it's one of the strongest line-ups ever from several different perspectives, especially the variety of genres. And it's a hit parade like no other, it is so packed with hits it hurts a little to know that there can only be one winner. Every single song is relevant and every single artist has an audience".
The competition will take place every Saturday evening between the 4th of February and the 11th of March 2017 and 28 songs will participate to become Sweden's entry in the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest. All six shows will be hosted by Clara Henry, David Lindgren and Hasse Andersson.
Check out the participants list in the following slides (songwriters in brackets):
SEMI-FINAL 1 - GÖTEBORG 4th February
- Adrijana - Amare (Martin Tjärnberg, Adrijana Krasniqi)
- Boris René - Her Kiss (Tim Larsson, Tobias Lundgren)
- Nano - Hold On (Nano Omar, Gino Yonan, Ayak, Carl Rydén, Christoffer Belaieff, Rikard de Bruin, David Francis Jackson)
- Charlotte Perrelli - Mitt liv (Charlotte Perrelli, Lars Hägglund)
- Dinah Nah - One More Night (Thomas G:son, Jimmy Jansson, Dinah Nah, Dr Alban)
- De Vet Du - Road Trip (Johan Gunterberg, Christopher Martland)
- Ace Wilder - Wild Child (Peter Boström, Thomas G:son, Ace Wilder)
SEMI-FINAL 2 - MALMÖ 11th February
- Mariette - A Million Years (Thomas G:son, Johanna Jansson, Peter Boström, Mariette Hansson, Jenny Hansson)
- Benjamin Ingrosso - Good Loovin' (Benjamin Ingrosso, Louis Schoorl, Matt Pardon, MAG)
- Dismissed - Hearts Align (Ola Salo, Peter Kvint)
- Roger Pontare - Himmel och hav (Thomas G:son, Alexzandra Wickman)
- Lisa Ajax - I Don’t Give A (Ola Svensson, Linnea Deb, Joy Deb, Anton Hård af Segerstad)
- Etzia - Up (Johnny Sanchez, Hanif Sabzevari, Simon Gribbe, Erica Haylett
- Allyawan - Vart haru varit (Masse Salazar, Samuel Nazari)
SEMI-FINAL 3 - VÄXJÖ 18 February
- Owe Thörnqvist - Boogieman Blues (Owe Thörnqvist)
- Bella & Filippa - Crucified (Peter Hägerås, Mats Frisell, Jakob Stadell, Filippa Frisell, Isabella Snihs)
- The Fooo Conspiracy - Gotta Thing (Robert ”Mutt” Lange, Tony Nilsson)
- Jasmine Kara - Gravity (Anderz Wrethov, Jasmine Kara)
- Robin Bengtsson - I Can’t Go On (David Kreuger, Hamed ”K-One” Pirouzpanah, Robin Stjernberg)
- Anton Hagman - Kiss You Goodbye (Christian Fast, Tim Schou, Henrik Nordenback)
- Krista Siegfrids - Snurra min jord (Krista Siegfrids, Gustaf Svenungsson, Magnus Wallin, Gabriel Alares)
SEMI-FINAL 4 - SKELLEFTEÅ 25th February
- Wiktoria - As I Lay Me Down (Justin Forrest, Jonas Wallin, Lauren Dyson)
- Les Gordons - Bound To Fall (Jonatan Renström, Albert Björliden, Andreas Persson, Carl Ragnemyr, David Runebjörk, Jimmy Jansson)
- Sara Varga & Juha Mulari - Du får inte ändra på mig (Sara Varga, Lars Hägglund)
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren feat. Aninia - En värld full av strider (Jon Henrik Fjällgren, Sara Biglert, Christian Schneider, Andreas Hedlund)
- Axel Schylström - När ingen ser (Behshad Ashnai, Axel Schylström, David Strääf)
- Alice - Running with Lions (Anderz Wrethov, Andreas ”Stone” Johansson, Denniz Jamm, Alice Svensson)
- Loreen - Statements (Anton Hård af Segerstad, Joy Deb, Linnea Deb, Loreen)
Here are some facts and figures about Melodifestivalen 2017:
- In total 2478 songs were sent to the competition, and 28 have made it to the final stage. Language wise, 10 of the 28 songs are in Swedish.
- There is a total of 80 songwriters, of which 45 are debutants and 35 have participated at least once before. Thomas G: son is the songwriter with more songs, 4 in total.
- There's a total of 43 artists participating, 30 of them have competed in Melodifestivalen before, including Eurovision Song Contest winners Loreen (2012) and Charlotte Perrelli (1999) and former participants like Roger Pontare (1994, 2000) and Krista Siegfrids (Finland 2013).
- Owe Thörnqvist makes his debut as an artist in Melodifestivalen at age 87, the oldest ever debutant in the competition!