One of the most popular national finals for the Eurovision Song Contest, the Swedish Melodifestivalen, will take place between February and March next year comprising four semi-finals, a second chance round and the big final in the Friend's Arena in Solna, Stockholm.
Minutes ago the artists competing in the first two semi-finals have been announced along with the titles of their songs and the names of its composers and authors.
The line-up, in alphabetical order of title, for the first semi-final which will take place on the 7th of February in Gothenburg looks like this (composers & authors in brackets):
- Jessica Andersson - Can’t Hurt Me Now (Aleena Gibson, Fredrik Thomander)
- Behrang Miri feat. Victor Crone - Det rår vi inte för (Behrang Miri, Albin Johnsén, Måns Zelmerlöw, Tony Nilsson)
- Dolly Style - Hello Hi (Emma Nors, Palle Hammarlund, Jimmy Jansson)
- Molly Pettersson Hammar - I’ll Be Fine (Molly Pettersson Hammar, Lisa Desmond, Tim Larsson, Tobias Lundgren, Gavin Jones)
- Elize Ryd & Rickard Söderberg - One By One (Elize Ryd, Jimmy Jansson, Karl-Ola Kjellholm, Sharon Vaughn)
- Daniel Gildenlöw - Pappa (Daniel Gildenlöw)
- Eric Saade - Sting (Fredrik Kempe, Hamed ”K-one” Pirouzpanah, David Kreuger, Sam Arash Fahmi)
This content is unfortunately no longer available
The second semi-final will take place on the 14th of February in Malmö featuring the following line-up:
- Mariette - Don’t Stop Believing (Miss Li, Sonny Gustafsson)
- Emelie Irewald - Där och då med dig (Emelie Irewald)
- Linus Svenning - Forever Starts Today (Aleena Gibson, Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad, Fredrik Kempe)
- Samir & Viktor - Groupie (Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad, Kevin Högdahl, Maria Smith, Viktor Thell)
- Neverstore - If I Was God For One Day (Thomas G:son, John Gordon, Jacob Widén)
- Magnus Carlsson - Möt mig i Gamla stan (Thomas G:son, Lina Eriksson)
- Marie Bergman & Sanne Salomonsen - Nonetheless (Andreas Stone Johansson, Allison Kaplan)
Among the artists participating in the first semi-final we find two winners of Melodifestivalen: Jessica Andersson who represented Sweden at the 2003 Eurovision Song Contest as one half of the duo Fame placing 5th in Riga and more recently, in 2011, Eric Saade (pictured below) who placed 3rd in Düsseldorf with the song Popular.
Daniel Gildenlöw participated before, in 2010, with his band Pain of Salvation and the song Road Salt reaching the second chance round. Behrang Miri participated in 2013. and scored a national hit with the song Jalla Dansa Sawa. Molly P.Hammar is a former Idol contestant. Elize Ryd is the vocalist of the band Amaranthe and Rickard Söderberg is an opera singer.
Among the composers there are previous participants like Aleena Gibson, Måns Zelmerlöw, Jimmy Jansson or Fredrik Kempe.
In the second semi-final there's also a former winner of Melodifestivalen who, in fact, did it three times - a record tied with Carola- and she is Marie Bergman who won the competition in 1971 and 1972, as part of the group Family Four, and in 1994 in a duo with Roger Pontare. She'll also sing a duo this time alongside Danish singer Sanne Salomonsen who reached the Melodifestivalen final in 2005 with the song Higher Ground.
Linus Svenning participated earlier this year with the song Bröder and Magnus Carlsson makes a come-back. He has participated a total seven times before: three with the dansband Barbados, twice with Alcazar and in two solo efforts. He reached the final on six ocasions but didn't win the Swedish National Final yet.
Samir & Viktor scored a summer hit this year with the song Success. Neverstore is a Swedish punk-rock band. Mariette is a former Idol contestant and Emelie Irewald participated in the TV casting show True Talent.
Composer Thomas G:son won the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest with the song Euphoria. Miss Li, is a popular Swedish singer and songwriter.