Just like last week, a good mix of established artists, newcomers and veterans complete the list of performers for the 3rd and 4th semi-finals of Melodifestivalen 2012, the competition where the winner gets the honour of representing Sweden at the Eurovision Song Contest in Baku. Most of the rumoured names are now confirmed.
The 3rd Semi-Final takes place in Dalarna, in the town of Leksand on the 18th of February. The following songs (in alphabetical title order) and artists will participate there:
- Förlåt Mig - Mattias Andréasson (Mattias Andréasson)
- I Mina Drömmar - Maria BenHajji (Nanna Svensdóttir, Thomas Cars)
- Just A Little Bit - Love Generation (RedOne, John Mamann, Jean-Claude Sindres, Teddy Sky, Yohanne Simon, Bilal "The Chef" Hajji)
- Lovelight - Andreas Johnson (Andreas Johnson, Peter Kvint)
- Mirakel - Björn Ranelid feat. Sara Li (Fredrik Andersson, Björn Ranelid)
- Sanningen - Carolina Wallin Pérez (Michael Clauss, Martin Bjelke, Carolina Wallin Pérez, F Dread)
- Why Am I Crying - Molly Sandén (Molly Sandén, Aleena Gibson, Windy Wagner)
- Youngblood - Youngblood (Fredrik Kempe, David Kreuger)
The 4th Semi-Final will be held in Sweden's third city, Malmö on the 25th of February with the following entries (in alphabetical title order):
- Allting Blir Bra Igen - OPA (Michael Sideridis)
- Amazing - Danny Saucedo (Danny Saucedo, Peter Boström, Figge Boström)
- Don’t Let Me Down - Lotta Engberg och Christer Sjögren (Lasse Holm, Lars “Dille” Diedricson)
- Goosebumps - Hanna Lindblad (Hanna Lindblad, Linda Sundblad, Tony Nilsson)
- Kyss Mig - Axel Algmark (Axel Algmark, Mattias Frändå, Jonathan Magnussen)
- Land Of Broken Dreams - Dynazty (Thomas G:son, Thomas “Plec” Johansson)
- The Girl - Charlotte Perrelli (Fredrik Kempe, Alexander Jonsson)
- Why Start A Fire - Lisa Miskovsky (Lisa Miskovsky, Aleksander With, Bernt Rune Stray, Berent Philip Moe)
This content is unfortunately no longer available
Will it be a hat trick for Charlotte Perrelli (formerly Nilsson)? She won Sweden's national selection on the two occasions she participated, in 2008 with Hero and in 1999 when she even won the Eurovision Song Contest in Jerusalem with Take Me To Your Heaven, the latest winner for Sweden.
The group E.M.D. placed third in 2009 with Baby Goodbye and now two of its members, M.(Mattias Andréasson) and D. (Danny Saucedo), take part separately. Danny's In The Club was second only to Eric Saade back in the 2011 final in March.
Andreas Johnson took part in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2010; his closest to winning was in 2007 when his A Little Bit Of Love was second to The Ark. Molly Sandén placed third at the Junior Eurovision in 2006 and reached the final of Melodifestivalen in 2009.
Some of the most popular names taking part include Lisa Miskovsky, an award-winning singer/songwriter or Lotta Engberg who won the Swedish contest in 1987 and represented her country in Brussels with Boogaloo; she's taken part six times before. Her partner in 2012, Christer Sjögren, was the singer of the popular "dansband" Vikingarna and took part in 2008 with I Love Europe.
Hanna Lindblad made her Melodifestivalen debut in 2010 with the song Manipulated; Maria Benhajji was the winner of the "Webjoker" competition three weeks ago with I Mina Drömmar and Love Generation are back as a trio after reaching the Second Chance round this year.
The Second Chance round (Andra Chansen) takes place on the 3rd of March in Nyköping while the final of Melodifestivalen 2012 will be held on the 10th of March in Stockholm.