The venue of the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest, Malmö Arena, hosted the second semi-final of the very popular Melodifestivalen, the Swedish selection for Europe's favourite TV show.
This year the shows are hosted by Sweden's most recent hopeful at Eurovision, Sanna Nielsen, who made her country proud after placing 3rd in Copenhagen last May with Undo. Alongside her, comedian and presenter Robin Paulsson.
After the lines were closed the presenters announced the results of the second semi-final of Melodifestivalen 2015. These two were the winners and thus proceed to the final in Stockholm:
- Mariette - Don't Stop Believing
- Magnus Carlsson - Möt mig i Gamla Stan
Two further songs will get a second chance in the so-called Andra Chansen round:
- Linus Svenning - Forever Starts Today
- Samir & Viktor - Groupie
These are the seven songs that took part in tonight's second semi-final, alongside their final placing:
- Linus Svenning - Forever Starts Today (Aleena Gibson, Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad, Fredrik Kempe)
- Emelie Irewald - Där och då med dig (Emelie Irewald) 6th
- Samir & Viktor - Groupie (Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad, Kevin Högdahl, Maria Smith, Viktor Thell)
- Neverstore - If I Was God For One Day (Thomas G:son, John Gordon, Jacob Widén) 5th
- Marie Bergman & Sanne Salomonsen - Nonetheless (Andreas S.Johansson, Allison Kaplan) 7th
- Magnus Carlsson - Möt mig i Gamla stan (Thomas G:son, Lina Eriksson)
- Mariette - Don’t Stop Believing (Miss Li, Sonny Gustafsson)
The third semi-final will be held next Saturday in Östersund, while the final rounds will be as follows:
- Andra Chansen (Second Chance round): 7th March in Helsingborg (Helsingborg Arena)
- Final: 14th March in Stockholm (Friends Arena - Solna).
This content is unfortunately no longer available