Arguably the most popular national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest in Europe, Melodifestivalen is back once again for 2014 and is as big as ever.
This mammoth tour of Sweden will start at the Malmö Arena on the 1st of February:
"Starting in Malmö feels extra exciting given that the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest took place there", says Maria Ilstedt, project leader for Melodifestivalen 2014.
Final at the Friends Arena
Once again the massive Friends Arena in Solna just outside Stockholm will play host to the Grand Final of Melodifestivalen 2014. With space for 27,000 people it will be quite a spectacular show.
The Arena was also a candidate to host the Eurovision Song Contest this year but instead Malmö was chosen by SVT and the EBU. However the 2013 Melodifestivalen final was held here.
Dates for your diary
Here is a list of the dates and cities for Melodifestivalen 2014:
- Semi-Final 1: 1st February 2014 - Malmö Arena, Malmö
- Semi-Final 2: 8th February 2014 - Cloetta Center, Linköping
- Semi-Final 3: 15th February 2014 - Scandinavium, Gothenburg
- Semi-Final 4: 22nd Februrary 2014 - Fjällräven Center, Örnsköldsvik
- Andra Chansen: 1st March 2014 - Sparbanken Lidköping Arena, Lidköping
- Final: 8th March 2014 - Friends Arena, Stockholm
The winner of Melodifestivalen 2014 will take part in the Eurovision Song Contest to be held at the B&W-Hallerne on Refshaleøen in Copenhagen on the 6th, 8th and 10th of May next year.