Super Saturday: Croatia will decide tonight!23 February 2008 at 01:00 CET
This year's Dora '08 will take place in the coastal city of Opatija. The Dora '08 is made up by two television programmes of which the first was broadcast yesterday evening. The semi-final was made up by 14 songs of which six went on for tonight's final. In tonight's final, the six semi-finalist will be joined by 10 entries selected beforehand by the national broadcaster HRT. All of the 24 entries were earlier on presented in two programmes named Ususret Dori.
One of the Dora ´08 semi-finalists is well-known; Emilija Kokić participated in the 1989 Eurovision Song Contest. She and her group Riva even won the first and only victory for Yugoslavia before the country was split up. Riva's Rock Me won with a small margin to United Kingdom. Emilija Kokić was one of the lucky ones to get enough televotes to advance to tonight's final.
Who will take part?
The 16 entries to compete for the 1st place of Dora '08 are (random order):
From the semi-final:
- Kraljevi ulice & 75 cents - Romanca
- Antonija Šola - Gdje je srce tu je dom
- Maja Šuput - Lako zaljubljiva
- Emilija Kokić - Anđeo
- Ivo Gamulin Gianni - Sanjam
- Bonaca & Nera - Tvoje oko za more duboko
Preselected by HRT:
- Giuliano - Plava vještica
- Ivana Banfić - Mir
- Hari Rončević - Ležim na suncu
- Dino i Bane - Milina
- Maja Blagdan - Zvala sam ga anđele
- Tamara Obrovac - Amor
- Alen Islamović - Mirno spava kosa plava
- Prva liga and druge - Vila
- Diana Lovrin - Zažmirim i putujem
- Pero Galić - Otvori mi oči
The winner of Dora '08 will be performing at the second Semi-Final in Belgrade on 22nd of May, 2008, where a spot in the Final is on stake. The last time Croatia was in a Final at the Eurovision Song Contest was in 2006 when Severina performed her joyful and ethnic song Moja Stikla.