After a MySpace selection where a total of 50 artists qualified, 30 were chosen for the televised TV-shows, ten competing in each of the semi-finals. Tonight they took the stage (bold ones qualified):
- Soraya - La Noche Es Para Mí - 24 points (jury: 12 points; viewers: 12 points)
- Virginia - True Love - 20 points (jury: 10 points; viewers: 10 points)
- Jorge González - Si Yo Vengo A Enamorarte - 16 points (jury: 8 points; viewers: 8 points)
- Salva Ortega - Lujuria - 14 points (jury: 7 points; viewers: 7 points)
- Roel - Y Ahora Dices - 9 points (jury: 6 points; viewers: 3 points)
- Leather Boys - We're Livin' In A Bar - 9 points (jury: 3 points; viewers: 6 points)
- Ángeles Vela - Vístete De Primavera - 9 points (jury: 4 points; viewers: 5 points)
- Diqesi - Subiré - 9 points (jury: 5 points; viewers: 4 points)
- Calipop - Burbuja - 4 points (jury: 2 points; viewers: 2 points)
- Electronikboy - Mon Petit Oiseau - 2 points (jury: 1 point; viewers: 1 point)
After the performances, the jury gave their opinion. This time it was not revealed jury member by jury member but a full result was given. Now it was time for the viewers to give their vote. In the end the clear favorite was this time Soraya, besides Jorge González and Virginia. Salva Ortega will go to the second chance round.
Next Saturday the last semi-final will be aired, the Spanish representative will be chosen on the 7th of March.