The decision was reached by a 50/50 combination of a jury vote and televoting. Viewers could vote by phone, SMS and for the first time also by voting online, which viewers around the world could also vote,. The results produced the following six qualifiers (in bold) out of the twelve songs performed this evening.
The programme was presented by Ēriks Loks and Nauris Brikmanis.
- Revelation sung by Ralfs Eilands, Valters Pūce & Nelli Bubujanca
- You Are The Reason sung by Katrine Lukins
- I Need A Soul-Twin sung by Mad Show Boys
- Lights On sung by Markus Riva
- Breathe Slow sung by Anete Volmane
- What If It Was sung by Rolands Ūdris
- Moment And Tomorrow sung by Katrīna Bindere
- Pa Vidu Tu sung by Andris Kivičs
- Pēdējā Vēstule sung by Dons
- Is It Possible sung by Sabīne Vidriķe
- Pressure sung by Sabīne Berezina
- If I Could (Get Away) sung by Eirošmits
As well as the artists competing in the contest, there were various guest artists, including Sinplus who represented Switzerland in the 2012 contest, Aija Andrejeva, Latvian Voices (the world choir champions), the Sola choir plus the groups Headline and Credo.
The songs that qualified tonight, join the six songs that already qualified from last night's first semi-final;
Here I Am Again sung by Niko
Cake To Bake sung by Aarzemnieki
Stay sung by Samanta Tina
Going All The Way sung by MyRadiantU
I Can Breathe sung by Aminata Savadogo
Saule Riet (Take Away) sung by Olga & Līgo
All twelve songs will compete in the final of Dziesma 2014 to be held on the 22nd of February in Ventspils for the honour of representing Latvia in the First Semi-Final in Copenhagen on Tuesday 6th May.