Viewers can join a huge virtual choir, singing last year’s winning tune, Only Teardrops – or film and upload their coolest dance moves and have the chance to dance live on stage in Copenhagen as part of the show.
Through this co-creation efforts, DR is inviting viewers across the world to help shape and be an active part of this year’s contest.
Head of Show for the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest, Jan Lagermand Lundme, comments: "One of our main ambitions – and the central theme of the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest – is to bring people closer together. To realise this, we are reaching out to everyone across the world and inviting them to sing or dance in the show. We are saying: come and join us! It’s fantastic that we can join together to help create the Eurovision Song Contest this year."
A huge virtual choir
Everyone can visit the website JoinUs.dk and sing a part of the winning song from the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest, Emmelie de Forest’s Only Teardrops. On the site, an instruction video takes users through the process of using their computer’s webcam and microphone, including how to sing each part of the choir part of the song.
The producers of show will use these voices to create a gigantic virtual choir, and the choir will be shown as part of the first Semi-Final of the Eurovision Song Contest on the 6th of May.
Singing - How to take part?
- Go to JoinUs.dk with your webcam connected computer
- Press 'record' and follow the instructions - remember to click through it all
- Record yourself singing!
- Maybe you're one of the lucky ones who gets their video on the screen during the show
Dancing - How to do it?
- Go to JoinUs.dk with your mobile or tablet
- Show your coolest dance-move (about 15 seconds)
- Remember to use your phone/tablet in landscape mode - so recording can be used in the TV show
- If you are lucky - and talented - you get the opportunity to perform at the Eurovision Song Contest!
- The wildest and best dancers are invited to Copenhagen to perform in the second Semi-Final!
Dance-moves can be a direct ticket to appear on stage
The world can dance their most fabulous dance move, film it on their mobile, and upload it to JoinUs.dk. The wildest and best dance-moves will be selected, and dancers will be offered a plane ticket and stay to Copenhagen – and be invited to dance live on stage as part of the second Semi-Final on the 8th of May.
This year's Eurovision Song Contest will take place on the 6th, 8th and 10th of May in Copenhagen, Denmark.