Hurricane to represent Serbia in Rotterdam02 March 2020 at 00:32 CET
Hurricane will fly the Serbian flag at the Eurovision Song Contest 2020 after winning Beovizija 2020 moments ago in Belgrade. The all-girl band will sing the song Hasta La Vista in Rotterdam.
Sanja Vucic, Ksenija Knezevic and Ivana Nikolić are Hurricane, a band formed in 2017. The girls have unique styles and personalities, and perfect harmonies that have their songs being aired on radio stations around the globe.
Sanja Vučić is a famous singer. She is best known for representing Serbia at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2016 with her song Goodbye (Shelter), where she reached the Grand Final in Stockholm.
Ksenija Knežević is a singer of Montenegrin origin, better known as a backing vocalist for Montenegro in Eurovision 2015 with the song Adio, performed by her father, Knez.
Ivana Nikolić is a professional dancer and multiple-time national champion. She started her singing career in 2016.
Once again, Serbia's national broadcaster RTS held the national selection Beovizija to choose their entry for Eurovision. For 2020, the competition consisted of 3 shows, 2 semi-finals on Friday and Saturday and the final on Sunday 1 March. For all 3 shows, the results were determined by a mixture of jury and televote.
These are the 12 songs that qualified from the semi-final rounds and participated in the final (winner in bold):
- Milan Bujaković & Olivera Popović - Niti
- Hurricane - Hasta La Vista
- Neda Ukraden - Bomba
- Andrija Jo - Oči Meduze
- Igor Simić - Ples za rastanak
- Thea Devy - Sudnji dan
- EJO - Trag
- Lift - Samo mi kaži
- Ana Milenković - Tajna
- Naiva - Baš, baš
- Marko Marković - Kolači
- Bane Mojićević - Cvet sa Prokletija
After the expert jury cast their votes, Hurricane were in the lead, followed by Igor Simič and Naiva. The televoting results also had Hurricane in first place, followed by Andrija Jo and Ana Milenković. Once the votes were added, this was the final result:
The interval act featured Bosnia-Herzegovina's 2006 artist Hari Mata Hari. Beovizija 2020 was hosted by well-known Serbian show host Dragana Kosjerina and the Swedish television presenter Jovan Radomir. The hosts in the green room were Kristina Radenković, a Serbian actress and show host who co-hosted the green room at Eurovision 2008 in Belgrade, and the Australian television presenter, Stefan Popović.
Serbia in Eurovision
Having previously participated in the Eurovision Song Contest as part of Yugoslavia from 1961-1992, as well as Serbia and Montenegro in 2004 and 2005, Serbia entered the Eurovision Song Contest in 2007. The country won with its debut entry, Molitva, and hosted the competition in the capital Belgrade the following year. Marija Šerifović was one of the guest acts during tonight's Beovizija final.
Do you like Hurricane and Hasta La Vista? Tell us in the comments below!
Posted 29 February 2020 at 23:43 CET
Serbia selects 6 more qualifiers for national final
The second semi-final of 'Beovizija 2020' took place, in which 6 out of 12 acts qualified for the final on Sunday 1 March. Still in the running for a ticket to Rotterdam are: Lift, Bane Mojićević, Naiva, Hurricane, Ana Milenković and Milan Bujaković & Olivera Popović.
Serbia's national broadcaster RTS continues the search for their Eurovision Song Contest 2020 representative. The semi-final results are determined by a mixture of jury and televote.
Here are all 12 acts that performed, the qualifiers are in bold. After the acts qualified, they drew their place in the running order for Sunday's final (in brackets).
- Lift - Samo mi kaži (8)
- Bane Mojićević - Cvet sa Prokletija (12)
- Bora Dugić & Balkubano - Svadba velika
- Bojana Mašković - Kao muzika
- Naiva - Baš, baš (10)
- Rocher Etno Band - Samo ti umeš to
- Lazar Živanović - Puklo je nebo
- Ivana Jordan - Vila
- Nenad Ćeranić - Veruj u sebe
- Hurricane - Hasta La Vista (2)
- Ana Milenković - Tajna (9)
- Milan Bujaković & Olivera Popović - Niti (1)
Who do you think should win Serbia's ticket to Rotterdam? Let us know in the comments!
Posted 28 February 2020 at 23:56 CET
Serbia starts its search for Eurovision 2020
Over the course of the weekend, Serbia will hold their national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest, Beovizija 2020, starting with the first semi-final tonight. 12 artists took the stage to battle for one of the 6 spots for the final on Sunday. The lucky qualifiers are: EJO, Thea Devy, Andrija Jo, Marko Marković, Neda Ukraden and Igor Simić.
Serbia's national broadcaster RTS is holding the national selection Beovizija to choose their entry for Rotterdam. The competition consists of 3 shows, 2 semi-finals on Friday and Saturday and the final on Sunday 1 March. The semi-final results are determined by a mixture of jury and televote.
These were the first 12 performers and the qualifiers are in bold. After they qualified, each act drew their place in the running order for the final (in brackets):
- EJO - Trag (7)
- Milica Mišić - Kiša
- Ivan Kurtić & Mistik Cello - Sabajle
- Thea Devy - Sudnji dan (6)
- Karizma - Ona me zna
- Andrija Jo - Oči Meduze (4)
- Sanja Bogosavljević - Ne puštam
- Marko Marković - Kolači (11)
- Srđan Lazić - Duša i telo
- Neda Ukraden - Bomba (3)
- Bilja & Amvon duo - Raj
- Igor Simić - Ples za rastanak (5)
The interval act featured Serbia's 2017 act Tijana Bogićević, Milan Stanković who represented the country in 2010 and Maya Sar who sang for Bosnia-Herzegovina in 2012. The last entrant for Yugoslavia in 1992, Extra Nena, also performed on stage.
Beovizija 2020 is hosted by well-known Serbian show host Dragana Kosjerina and the Swedish television presenter Jovan Radomir. The hosts in the green room are Kristina Radenković, a Serbian actress and show host who co-hosted the green room at Eurovision 2008 in Belgrade and the Australian television presenter Stefan Popović.
You can watch the second semi-final of Serbia's Beovizija 2020 on Saturday 29 February at 21:00 CET here
Posted 06 February 2020 at 12:00 CET
Beovizija 2020 semi-final running order and song release
In December, Serbian broadcaster RTS announced the names of the 24 artists and songs that will participate in 'Beovizija 2020'. We now have an official running order for the 2 shows, taking place on 28 February and 29 February, respectively. You can also listen to each of the songs in advance of the show.
Both semi-finals will feature 12 contestants, of which 6 from each semi-final will go head-to-head in the final on 1 March. The crowned winner will be offered the chance to represent Serbia at the Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam in May.
First semi-final running order:
- EJO – Trag (The Mark)
- Milica Mišić – Kiša (Rain)
- Ivan Kurtić feat. Mistik Cello – Sabajle (At Dawn)
- Thea Devy – Sudnji dan (Judgement Day)
- Karizma – Ona me zna (She Knows Me)
- Andrija Jo – Oči meduze (The Eyes of a Medusa)
- Sanja Bogosavljević – Ne puštam (I Won't Let Go)
- Marko Marković – Kolači (Cookies)
- Srđan Lazić – Duša i telo (Body and Soul)
- Neda Ukraden – Bomba (The Bomb)
- Amvon duo i Bilja – Raj (Heaven)
- Igor Simić – Ples za rastanak (Parting Dance)
Second semi-final running order:
- Lift – Samo mi kaži (Just Tell Me)
- Bane Mojićević – Cvet sa Prokletija (The Flower From Prokletije)
- Bora Dugić and Balkubano – Svadba velika (Big Wedding)
- Bojana Mašković – Kao Muzika (Like Music)
- Naiva – Baš baš (Really, Really)
- Rocher etno bend – Samo ti umeš to (Only You Can Do It)
- Lazar Živanović – Puklo je nebo (The Sky Parted)
- Ivana Jordan – Vila (Fairy)
- Nenad Ćeranić – Veruj u sebe (Believe in Yourself)
- Hurricane – Hasta La Vista
- Ana Milenković – Tajna (Secret)
- Milan Bujaković feat. Olivera Popović – Niti (Threads)
Let us know your favourite songs from each semi-final in the comments below!
Posted 09 January 2020 at 17:01 CET
Radio Television of Serbia (RTS), the Serbian public broadcaster, has announced the 24 songs competing in the Serbian national contest 'Beovizija 2020'. The winner of the music festival will represent Serbia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2020.
Submissions for the Beovizija 2020 entry closed in December. The selection committee, a group of RTS music editors, listened to all 90 submitted songs and chose the following 24 to move forward for the national selection:
1. Igor Simić – Ples za rastanak (Parting Dance)
2. Sanja Bogosavljević – Ne puštam (I Won't Let Go)
3. Rocher etno bend – Samo ti umeš to (Only You Can Do It)
4. Neda Ukraden - Bomba (The Bomb)
5. Marko Marković – Kolači (Cookies)
6. EJO – Trag (The Mark)
7. Karizma – Ona me zna (She Knows Me)
8. Andrija Jo - Uvek (Always)
9. Naiva – Baš baš (Really, Really)
10. Bojana Mašković – Kao Music (Like Music)
11. Ivana Jordan – Vila (Fairy)
12. Bane Mojićević – Svet sa Prokletija (The World From Prokletije)
13. Ivan Kurtić ft. Geapsy Train – Sabajle (At Dawn)
14. Hurricane – Hasta La Vista
15. Milan Bujaković feat. Olivera Popović – Niti (Threads)
16. Nenad Ćeranić – Veruj u sebe (Believe in Yourself)
17. Bora Dugić i Balkubano – Svadba velika (Big Wedding)
18. Ana Milenković – Tajna (Secret)
19. Srđan Lazić – Duša i telo (Body and Soul)
20. Lazar Živanović – Puklo je nebo (The Sky Parted)
21. Milica Mišić – Kiša (Rain)
22. Thea Devy – Sudnji dan (Judgement Day)
23. Biljana Đurđević – Raj (Heaven)
24. Aleksa Vučković – Samo mi kaži (Just Tell Me)
The contestants will compete over the course of 3 days for the Beovizija 2020 music festival. The 2 semi-finals and the grand finale will be held near the end of February, exact dates have yet to be announced.