See: Buranovskiye Babushki to represent Russia07 March 2012 at 22:48 CET
Until the last week, the Russian national broadcaster RTR kept the Eurovision fans excited about their finalists. The more interesting it was to follow the entries of 25 contestants who competed in tonight’s show. The concert started with the powerful ballad sung by Lena Maksimova.
The hosts of the Russian national final were Olga Shelest and Mikhail Zelenskiy. They announced the names of the professional jury. Among the jurors were famous musicians and experts of the show business: Sergej Arhipov, Igor Krutoy, Aleksandr Igudin, Philipp Kirkorov, Arman Davletyarov, Roman Emelyanov and Gennadiy Gоchshteyn.
The contestants performed in Russian and English, and Buranovskiye Babushki sang their entry partly in Udmurt. The TV viewers could start to vote for their favourite candidates when the first entry had started. The voting closed 40 minutes after the last finalist performed on stage.
Ani Lorak who represented Ukraine in the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest in Belgrade sang her song Shady Lady. The band Diskoteka Avariya came to support the finalists. They performed the song Malinki on stage while the votes have been counting.
At the end, it was the professional jury and the TV viewers who chose the candidate for Baku. It's Buranovskiye Babushki with their song Party For Everybody!
Here is the line-up of tonight's entries (winner in bold):
1. Lena Maksimova - Brave
2. Ksenona - Close My Eyes
3. Irson Kudikova - Woman's Heart Never Lies
4. Band The UPS - Kiss
5. SARDOR - Believe
6. Band 4POST - Navsterechu Nebu
7. Efrosiya - Ya Tebya Lubila
8. Band UNITE IT - Turn Off The Light
9. Katya Savelyeva - Life’s Beautiful
10. Olga Makovetskaya - Positive Emotions
11. Rene - I Miss You
12. Band Farinelli Balls - Breath Away Song
13. Polina Smolova - Michel
14. CHINKONG and KARINA - High Up
15. Mari Karne - Mezhdu Nebom I Zemlej
16. Mark Tishman - Money Is Love
17. Ed Sulzhevskij - 100 минут
18. Elena Ekimova - Do You Like?
19. Dima Bilan & Julia Volkova - Back To Her Future (29,25 points)
20. Riff Action Family - Sky
21. AIDA & TIMATI - Fantasy (26,74 points)
22. Pavla - One Million Butterlies
23. Syostry Syo - Une Marionette
24. Band Buranovskiye Babushki - Party For Everybody (38,51 points)
25. Band Jet Kids - Oh Yeah
The band Buranovskiye Babushki consists of eight grandmothers. They are originally from the Udmurt Republic, from the village of Buranovo. The band performs most of their entries in their Udmurt language, and tonight they sang Party For Everybody. The lyrics of this song were written by the grannies themselves.
Russia will take part in the First Semi-Final of the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest on Tuesday 22nd May in Baku.
If you missed the show, you can watch it right now on our Web Tv Player!