The jury, chaired by the 1992 Eurovision Song Contest winner Linda Martin, chose six songs out of 300.
The songs, to be performed on 20th of February, are:
- Flying, performed by M.N.A. and composed by Ronan McCormack.
- Out Of Control, performed by Laura-Jayne Hunter and composed by Derry O'Donovan.
- So What, performed by Lee Bradshaw and composed by Billy Larkin and Kevin Breathnach.
- Amazing, performed by Johnny Brady and composed by Tony Adams Rosa.
- I Wish I Could Pretend, performed by Kristina Zaharova and composed by Lauris Reinkiks.
- Et Cetera, performed by Sinead Mulvery & Black Daisy, composed by Niall Mooney, Jonas Gladnikoff, Daniele Moretti and Christina Schilling.
Lauris Reinkiks has already participated for Latvia in 2003 at Europe's favorite TV-show when he was a member of the trio FLY with the song Hello From Mars. He is one of the most popular, successful and awarded pop music singers, songwriters and television stars in Latvia, having recorded five solo albums.
The winner will be decided by 50% regional jury vote and 50% public televote and will be announced at the end of The Late Late Show Eurosong Special show.
The Irish entry from last year's edition of Europe's favorite TV-shows, Dusting The Turkey did not qualify for the final of the event with his Irelande Douze Pointe.