Romania: Six acts chosen for the final of Selecţia Naţionala 201605 March 2016 at 00:15 CET
Over 90 songs were submitted to Romania's national selection for the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest according to broadcaster TVR. However, only 12 entries have qualified for the Selecţia Naţionala 2016. Tonight, the jury and TV viewers decided on the finalists, who will compete again in the final.
Twelve songs were performed tonight in the following order:
- Doru Todoruţ feat. Irina Baianţ The Voice
- Andra Olteanu Nai Nai
- Dream Walkers Let It Shine
- Irina Popa Lasă-mă, eu te las
- Jukebox Come On Everybody
- Mihai Băjinaru Never Too Late
- Vanotek feat. The Code & Georgian I’m Coming Home
- M I H A I Paradisio
- Florena Behind The Shadows
- Gaşca de Acasă Tu eşti povestea
- Ovidiu Anton Moment Of Silence
- Xandra Superhuman
- Ovidiu Anton / jury votes
- Dream Walkers / jury votes
- Florena / jury votes
- M I H A I / jury votes
- Doru Todoruţ feat. Irina Baianţ / televotes
- Vanotek feat. The Code & Georgian / televotes
About the voting
For the semi-final of the 2016 Romanian national selection, the following rules have been established to ensure fair play for all the contestants. After all the acts have been introduced, TV viewers had 20 minutes to vote and support their favourites.
However, the audience across the country could decide on two finalists only. The other four qualifiers have been chosen by the jury.
Nevertheless, the rules for the final on 6th of March will be different. It's all in the hands of TV viewers. The decision on this year's Romanian representative at the Eurovision Song Contest will be based on the outcome of televoting only.
Whilst Romania is yet to score a victory in the Eurovision Song Contest, it has qualified to every single Grand Final since the current Semi-Final system was introduced more than 10 years ago. Romania has achieved third place in both 2005 and 2010.