The second Semi-Final of the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest has taken place in Kyiv, Ukraine. In total 18 countries competed for the remaining ten places in the Grand Final.
The second Semi-Final was broadcast live from the International Exhibition Centre in Ukraine's capital. The next ten qualifiers will shortly have a press conference to answer questions from the media and draw which half of the Grand Final they will perform.
The following ten countries were qualified (in order they were announced):
- Bulgaria: Beautiful Mess by Kristian Kostov
- Belarus: Story of My Life by Naviband
- Croatia: My Friend by Jacques Houdek
- Hungary: Origo by Joci Pápai
- Denmark: Where I Am by Anja
- Israel: I Feel Alive by IMRI
- Romania: Yodel It! by Ilinka ft. Alex Florea
- Norway: Grab The Moment by JOWST
- The Netherlands: Lights and Shadows by OG3NE
- Austria: Running On Air by Nathan Trent
How the result was decided
The final result was determined through a combination of scores received from national expert juries and televoting. The national expert juries had already casted their votes after watching the live feed of the Dress Rehearsal held on 10th May. Televoting took place tonight during the broadcast of the live show.
Viewers could also vote using the official app.
All 18 countries participating in the second Semi-Final as well as Ukraine, France and Germany could vote. The next ten finalists will participate in the Grand Final on Saturday alongside the ten countries qualified from the first Semi-Final as well as the so-called Big Five and hosts Ukraine.
Who missed out on a place in the Grand Final?
- Serbia: In Too Deep by Tijana Bogićević
- F.Y.R. Macedonia: Dance Alone by Jana Burčeska
- Malta: Breathlessly by Claudia Faniello
- Ireland: Dying To Try by Brendan Murray
- San Marino: Spirit of the Night by Valentina Monett and Jimmie Wilson
- Switzerland: Apollo by Timebelle
- Lithuania: Rain Of Revolution by Fusedmarc
- Estonia: Verona by Koit Toome&Laura
The Grand Final will take place on Saturday 13th of May in Kyiv, Ukraine.