It was the job of the TV public and an expert jury tonight to narrow down the number of entries in the Moldovan national final for the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest. The first televised semi-final was broadcast live from Studio 2 of the public broadcaster TRM. It was presented by Iurie Gologan and Dianna Rotaru, with additional reports from the Green Room by Lucian Dumitrescu.
A total of 15 songs were presented tonight. Seven of them were picked to go further to the final, to take place on the 6th of March. This is the result of tonight's show (in order of appearance, qualifiers in bold):
- Mihai Teodor - Ai-Ai-Ai
- Corina Cuniuc & Denis Latisev - Forever
- Doinita Gherman - Meloterapia
- Sun Stroke Project & Olia Tira - Run Away
- Millenium - Before You Go
- Marcel Rosca - If Love Is The Thing
- Nicoleta Gavrilita - De Tristete
- Dyma - Manipulate
- JJ Jazz - So Many Questions
- TODO - Dance 4 Life
- Eugen Doibani - Love Sweet Love
- Monkey Mind & Daniela - Smile
- Dana Marchitan - Day And Night
- Constantinova & Fusu - The Robbery
- Carolina Gorun - Addicted
In the beginning of the show and during the interval act, the show ballet Teodor presented elaborate dance performances. Natalia Gordienko, who represented Moldova in the 2006 Eurovision Song Contest along with Arsenium, also performed in the interval, singing a romantic ballad accompanied by an orchestra. Other singers on stage before the announcement of the voting results were Geta Burlacu, Serj Kuzencoff and Elena Demirdjean.
The second semi-final will take place tomorrow, on Sunday, the 28th of February. Stay with us to know the results!