Auditions were held in Lisbon and Porto to assess the more than 400 submissions that Portuguese Television received in order to represent Portugal in Baku.
The jury has made their decision public and announced the twelve artists which make it to the final:
- Gerson Melo Santos (from Setúbal)
- António José Fernandes Martins da Silva (from São João das Lampas)
- Pedro Ricardo Céu Portas e Susana Maria Soares Gonçalves (From Queluz)
- Filipa Alexandra Nunes Alves de Sousa (from Albufeira)
- Pamela Correia de Brito Salvado (from Palmela)
- Vânia Osório (from Lisbon)
- Arménio José dos santos Lameirão Pimenta (from Vila Real)
- Pedro Macedo Vidal Tomás (from Castanheira de Pera)
- Joana Filipa Leite Silva (from Esmoriz)
- Rui Andrade (from Lisbon)
- Carlos Costa (from Lisbon)
- Ricardo Soler (from Alenquer)
Three of those artists had already released albums so they have been chosen through their CD hearings and not in the castings. Ruis Andrade and Ricardo Soler have tried their luck before in the competition. A further five backup singers have been selected in case of disqualification.
In a few days the names of the composers comissioned to write the songs will be revealed along the respective singers.
The 48th "Festival da Canção" takes place on Saturday the 10th of March. Portugal didn't reach the Final of Eurovision last year in Düsseldorf with Homens Da Luta after three Final qualifications in 2008-2010.