The organisation, a cooperation of official entities, sponsors and OGAE Portugal, has decided that this year's event will take place during three consecutive evenings in Setubal, some 50km from Lisbon.
The event kicked off on Thursday the 5th of September with the monographic "Portugal the country of Fado" which featured some of the local Eurovision performers over the years such as Filipa Sousa (2012) or Anabela (1993).
On Friday the 6th of September there was the "Harmony of Sound" concert with the participation of Vlad Mirita (Romania 2008), Chen Aharoni and Moran Mazor (Israel 2013).
The Saturday Gala
Finally tonight Saturday 7th of September at the Auditorio José Afonso the following line-up of past participants of the Eurovision Song Contest will perform:
- The aforementioned Vlad Mirita, one half of the duo representing Romania in 2008.
- The duo Jalisse that represented Italy with Fiumi di Parole in Dublin in 1997.
- Buket Bengisu lead singer for Turkey in 2002 in Tallin.
- Birgitta Haukdal, who represented Iceland in 2003 in Riga with the song Open Your Heart.
- From Cyprus Alexandros Panayi, singer of Sti Fotia in 1995 and Nomiza in 2000.
Performing as well are the following participants from the 2013 Eurovision in Malmö:
- Moran Mazor who sang Rak Bishvilo for Israel.
- Belgium's Roberto Bellarosa and his Love Kills.
- Ryan Dolan from Ireland, who performed Only Love Survives.
Besides, the following Portugese singers will also sing in the concert:
- Daniela Varela, lead singer of Flôr-de-Lis (Portugal 2009)
- Vânia Fernandes, the popular singer of Senhora Do Mar in 2008
A team of Eurovision.tv will attend the concert and tell you all about it, so stay tuned!