The Black Mamba slide towards Rotterdam07 March 2021 at 01:44 CET
Hoping to discover another Amar Pelos Dois, the coastal nation concluded their search for a 2021 entry on Saturday evening, during a grand final broadcast live from Lisbon.
Both Carolina Deslandes and The Black Mamba finished on equal points with the largest public vote acting as the tie-breaker.
This is the first time Portugal has sent an entry to Eurovision entirely sung in English.
More to follow...
The grand final results:
- Karetus & Romeu Bairos - Saudade (10pts)
- Joana Alegre - Joana do Mar (9pts)
- Fábia Maia - Dia Lindo (3pts)
- Valéria - Na Mais Profunda Saudade (10pts)
- Carolina Deslandes - Por Um Triz (20pts)
- NEEV - Dancing in The Stars (17pts)
- Pedro Gonçalves - Não Vou Ficar (5pts)
- Sara Afonso - Contramão (13pts)
- EU.CLIDES - VOLTE-FACE (9pts)
- The Black Mamba - Love Is On My Side (20pts) ⭐️
Portugal at the Eurovision Song Contest
Portugal joined the Eurovision family in 1964 and went a record-breaking 48 appearances in the Contest without a win until 2017 when Salvador Sobral swapped that unwanted record for a much more desirable one: Portugal are now the proud owners of the ‘most points scored’ at any single Eurovision… 758!
Can The Black Mamba top that tally? Can anyone!?