Poland: Ochman's 'River' winds its way to Eurovision 🇵🇱19 February 2022 at 22:37 CET
Tu bije serce Europy! Wybieramy hit na Eurowizję (‘The heart of Europe beats here! We choose the hit for Eurovision’) was Poland’s competitive selection show to find the international successor to their 2021 Eurovision entry, The Ride by Rafał Brzozowski.
Daria, Unmute and Krystian made it through to the super-final (the top three acts when the first round of televoting was frozen), with the latter coming out on top having scooped over 50% of the public vote. He will now perform River and will compete in the Second Semi-Final on Thursday 12 May.
The singer from Massachusetts, America, is the winner of the 11th edition of The Voice of Poland and the grandson of the famous Polish tenor Wiesław Ochman. Krystian released his well-received debut album in November.
Tu bije serce Europy! Grand Finalists
- Ania Byrcyn – Dokąd
- Daria – Paranoia ✨ (39% televote)
- Mila – All I Need
- Karolina Lizer – Czysta Woda
- Karolina Stanisławczyk & Chika Toro – Move
- Krystian Ochman – River ✨ (51% televote)
- Szlachta Sisters – Drogowskazy
- Kuba Szmajkowski – Lovesick
- Lidia Kopania – Why Does It Hurt
- Unmute – Głośniej Niż Decybele ✨ (10% televote)
✨ = Super-Finalists
Broadcaster TVP opened a submission period for interested artists and songwriters to submit their entries over the Autumn of last year. The broadcaster received 150 potential songs for their pre-selection.