Petter Øien & Bobby Bare, Tooji and Yaseen & Julie Maria qualify in Norway04 February 2012 at 22:50 CET
The third and final Semi-Final of Norway's much loved national selection, Melodi Grand Prix took place tonight in the western Norwegian city of Florø. Here there were eight talented acts representing a whole plethora of genres from country to schlager to ballads.
The show started with a bang with Tooji and ended on a calmer note with Lise Karlsnes. There were also a number of other surprises but in the end what people wanted to know most of all was the three acts that had qualified to the final.
The lucky three were:
- Petter Øien & Bobby Bare - Things Change - 1st Place
- Tooji - Stay - 2nd Place
- Yaseen & Julie Maria - Sammen - 3rd Place
The following six acts already qualified:
- Nora Foss Al-Jabri - Somewhere Beautiful - 1st Place
- The Carburetors - Don't Touch The Flame - 2nd Place
- Reidun Sæther - High On Love - 3rd Place
- Plumbo - Ola Normann - 1st Place
- Tommy Fredvang - Make It Better - 2nd Place
- Malin Reitan - Crush - 3rd Place
This leaves just one more place in the final, which will be chosen amongst the non-qualifying acts by a professional jury.
This content is unfortunately no longer available
The final takes place next Saturday (11th February) in the Oslo Spektrum Arena where Eurovision.tv will be attending to bring you the best live coverage of the event. So keep an eye on the website, Facebook and Twitter for all the latest from Melodi Grand Prix.
Whoever wins Melodi Grand Prix 2012 will have the honour of representing Norway at the Eurovision Song Contest in Baku in May.