As a follow-up of the first meeting between the Austrian public broadcaster ORF - host of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest - and the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), the key positions of the core team, who will be working on the event in the weeks and months to come, have been appointed.
Dr Alexander Wrabetz, Director General of ORF: "We are in the fortunate position to have a high number of personalities with major experiences in hosting big TV events, who predominantly have also worked on the topic of the Eurovision Song Contest before. I am convinced that ORF, with this top team and together with the top partners at the EBU as well as further public and private partners from Austria, will make the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest a high-class event from the heart of Europe."
The Core Team includes:
- Edgar Böhm, Head of Entertainment at ORF, will be the Executive Producer of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest, thus leading the project at ORF and representing the host broadcaster at the EBU.
- Stefan Zechner will be the Producer of the TV Show.
- The event manager, to be responsible of logistics, hospitality, and security among others, is yet to be appointed.
- Martin Szerencsi has been appointed to be Legal Advisor.
- Stefan Wöber will be line producer.
- Claudio Bortoli, who has had the same function already for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, will again be the technical manager.
- Roman Horacek will be the Head of Press of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest.
Jon Ola Sand, Executive Supervisor of the Eurovision Song Contest at the EBU: "With this team, ORF laid a professional foundation for the organisation of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest. We are looking forward to working with them for the year to come."
Following the first meeting in Vienna and the appointment of the core team, another meeting of the host broadcaster and the European Broadcasting Union is scheduled to take place in Geneva next week.
This content is unfortunately no longer available