15 Songs: 18 Juries
Fifteen songs will participate in the Second Semi-Final, and professional juries in each of the participating countries, as well as in Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom will be voting on tonight's dress rehearsal. They will account for 50% of the overall total.
Each jury will be comprised of five members, (including a chairperson) who will be the same jurors who will also be voting in the Final. They will monitored by an independent notary in each country. The jury consists of a variety of members in terms of age, gender, and background. They are all citizens of the country they are representing.
None of the jury members are connected with any of the participating songs or artists, in order that they can vote independently. All jury members have made signed declarations stating that they will vote independently. The full list of jury members was made available on Eurovision.tv on 1st of May.
The Jury Voting
Each jury member will rank all the songs in the show by judging each song, each jury member will focus on the vocal capability of the artists, the performance on stage, the composition and originality of the song, and the overall impression by the act.
The EBU's televoting partner Digame will merge the points given by the jury and the televoters tomorrow night per individual country. If there is a tie between two or more songs between jury votes and televotes, then the song gaining the most televotes will be ranked higher.
- Malta: Coming Home sung by Firelight
- Israel: Same Heart sung my Mei Finegold
- Norway: Silent Storm sung by Carl Espen
- Georgia: Three Minutes To Earth sung by The Shin and Mariko
- Poland: My Słowianie - We Are Slavic sung by Donatan and Cleo
- Austria: Rise Like A Phoenix sung by Conchita Wurst
- Lithuania: Attention sung by Vilija Matačiūnaitė
- Finland: Something Better sung by Softengine
- Ireland: Heartbeat sung by Can-Linn (feat Kasey Smith)
- Belarus: Cheesecake sung by Teo
- F.Y.R. Macedonia: To The Sky sung by Tijana
- Switzerland: Hunter Of Stars sung by Sebalter
- Greece: Rise Up sung by Freaky Fortune feat Riskykidd
- Slovenia: Round And Round sung by Tinkara Kovač
- Romania: Miracle sung by Paula Seling & OVI
Watch our recap and backstage videos from the first dress rehearsal.
Also, why not take a look at our gallery from the first rehearsal this afternoon.
This content is unfortunately no longer available
The live show of the Second Semi-Final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 will take place on Thursday 8th of May at 21:00 CET and will broadcast live on Eurovision.tv.