Songwriters are now welcome to enter songs to the Swedish national selections. Any song where at least one of the songwriters is a Swedish citizen are welcome. The songs are posted at the official website www.melodifestivalen.se.
Songwriters who haven't published songs previously can participate in the pre-selection Webbjokern, where one winner gets to participate in Melodifestivalen 2012. The winner is elected by SMS voting through four semi-finals and one final during the autumn, in a contest based at the Melodifestivalen website.
Today also saw the release of the dates for the upcoming Swedish national selections. As in recent years, Melodifestivalen will have the format of four semi-finals, one second-chance round (Andra Chansen) and a big final. The final of Melodifestivalen is traditionally the TV show in Sweden with the highest viewing figures yearly.
This is the complete Melodifestivalen tour of 2012 (date, city and venue):
- Semi-final 1: The 4th of February, Växjö, VIDA Arena.
- Semi-final 2: The 11th of February, Gothenburg, Scandinavium.
- Semi-final 3: The 18th of February, Leksand, Tegera Arena.
- Semi-final 4: The 25th of February, Malmö, Malmö Arena.
- Second chance round: The 3rd of March, Nyköping, Rosvalla Nyköping Eventcenter.
- Final: The 10 of March, Stockholm, Ericsson Globe.
The rules of Melodifestivalen 2012 are available in English here.