Melodifestivalen kicks off in Sweden07 February 2015 at 22:28 CET
The venue of the 1985 Eurovision Song Contest, Scandinavium, in Gothenburg hosted the first semi-final of the very popular Melodifestivalen, the Swedish selection for Europe's favourite TV show.
This year the shows are hosted by Sweden's most recent hopeful at Eurovision, Sanna Nielsen, who made her country proud after placing 3rd in Copenhagen last May with Undo. Alongside her, comedian and presenter Robin Paulsson.
After the lines were closed the presenters announced the results of the first semi-final of Melodifestivalen 2015. These two were the winners and thus proceed to the final in Stockholm:
- Eric Saade - Sting
- Jessica Andersson - Can’t Hurt Me Now
So the two artists that had already won Melodifestivalen before are in the final again. Two further songs will get a second chance in the so-called Andra Chansen round:
- Behrang Miri feat. Victor Crone - Det rår vi inte för
- Dolly Style - Hello Hi
The line-up of the first semi-final
These are the seven songs that took part in tonight's first semi-final, alongside their final placing:
- Molly Pettersson Hammar - I’ll Be Fine (Molly Pettersson Hammar, Lisa Desmond, Tim Larsson, Tobias Lundgren, Gavin Jones) 6th
- Daniel Gildenlöw - Pappa (Daniel Gildenlöw) 7th
- Elize Ryd & Rickard Söderberg - One By One (Elize Ryd, Jimmy Jansson, Karl-Ola Kjellholm, Sharon Vaughn) 5th
- Dolly Style - Hello Hi (Emma Nors, Palle Hammarlund, Jimmy Jansson)
- Behrang Miri feat. Victor Crone - Det rår vi inte för (Behrang Miri, Albin Johnsén, Måns Zelmerlöw, Tony Nilsson)
- Jessica Andersson - Can’t Hurt Me Now (Aleena Gibson, Fredrik Thomander)
- Eric Saade - Sting (Fredrik Kempe, Hamed ”K-one” Pirouzpanah, David Kreuger, Arash Fahmi)
The second semi-final will be held next Saturday in the home of the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest, Malmö Arena, with the final rounds being as follows:
- Andra Chansen (Second Chance round): 7th March in Helsingborg (Helsingborg Arena)
- Final: 14th March in Stockholm (Friends Arena - Solna).
This content is unfortunately no longer available