There will be two semi-finals and a final show to choose the participant of Portugal in this year's Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna. The final will be held on the 7th of March and presented by Catarina Furtado and Júlio Isidro.
The semi-finals will have six songs each:
First Semi-Final 3rd of March
To be hosted by Joana Teles and Jorge Gabriel
- Rita Seidi - Lisboa, Lisboa (Sara Tavares / Kalaf Epalanga)
- Leonor Andrade - Há um Mar que nos Separa (Miguel Gameiro)
- Filipa Baptista - A Noite Inteira (Augusto Madureira)
- Yola Dinis - Outra Vez Primavera (Nuno Feist / Nuno Marques da Silva)
- Gonçalo Tavares - Tu Tens uma Mágica (Gonçalo Tavares / José Cid)
- Adelaide Ferreira - Paz (Adelaide Ferreira)
Second Semi-Final 5th of March
To be hosted by Sílvia Alberto and José Carlos Malato
- Rubi Machado - Quando a Lua Voltar a Passar (Sebastião Antunes)
- José Freitas - Mal Menor (Ninguém me Guia à Razão) (Churky)
- Teresa Radamanto - Um Fado em Viena (Fernando Abrantes / Jorge Mangorrinha)
- Simone de Oliveira - À Espera das Canções (Renato Jr./ Tiago Torres da Silva)
- Filipe Gonçalves - Dança Joana (Héber Marques)
- Diana - Maldito Tempo (Carlos Massa)
Meet the artists
- Gonçalo Tavares participated in Festival da Canção for the 1st time in 2010. He returns again as a singer and a composer.
- Nuno Feist participated as a singer for the 1st time in 1985 with his brother in a duet (Nuno & Henrique). Over the last editions of Festival da Canção, he has been participating as a composer, with Nuno Marques da Silva being the author of the lyrics. This year they invited the fado singer Yola Dinis to perform their song.
- Adelaide Ferreira (pictured below) is the winner of Festival da Canção in 1985, and went to Gothenburg with the song Penso em ti, Eu sei; she now returns as composer and will sing her own song.
- Augusto Madureira was the winning composer of Festival da canção 2010, with Há Dias Assim sung by Filipa Azevedo. He now returns with another Filipa (Baptista) and wishes to shine.
- Miguel Gameiro is a famous singer and leader of a pop group “Pólo Norte”. His first participation as a composer was in 2010, but this time he chose as a singer the beautiful Leonor Andrade, from The Voice of Portugal.
- Sara Tavares won Festival da Canção in 1994, singing Chamar a Música; she now returns as a composer and invited the young Rita Seidi, from The Voice of Portugal to sing her song. Both Sara and Rita are pictured below during the press conference by RTP:
- Sebastião Antunes is a composer and leader of a traditional band called “Quadrilha”. It’s his first time on Festival da Canção, as well as for the singer he chose: Rubi Machado.
- Churky is a very young composer that writes for several names of Portuguese music and comes to the Festival for the first time. He invited José Freitas, one of the finalists of X Factor.
- Renato Jr. is a very well know composer and music producer and is bringing one of the biggest surprises of this Festival da Canção: he invited Simone de Oliveira (pictured below), one of the greatest singers from Portugal, aged 77, and that has won this contest twice; the 1st time was 50 years ago, in 1965, with Sol de Inverno. The second time in 1969 with Desfolhada Portuguesa.
- Fernando Abrantes is a musical producer and composer and invited Jorge Mangorrinha, a University Teacher and expert on the Festival, to write the song with him. Their singer, Teresa Radamanto, was second on Festival da Canção 2007.
- Héber Marques is the leader of the band HMB, one of the most successful in the last couple of years. It’s his first time in Festival and he chose Filipe Gonçalves, former participant of Operação Triunfo and currently the presenter of a cable TV show, to perform his song.
- Carlos Massa is a composer and the last time he came to Festival da Canção was in 2011, when he had a 2nd place. This time, he invited Diana Piedade to sing – she won Portuguese Idol a few years ago.
Portugal was represented last year by Suzy and the song Quero Ser Tua. This year the Iberian country participates in the Second Semi-Final of the Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna on Thursday the 21st of May.