Back in October the Italian broadcaster RAI confirmed that the winner of the Festival di Sanremo 2015 will have the right to represent Italy at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Austria. The list of established artists ("Campioni") that participate in the 65th edition of the Italian song contest consists of the following 20 acts:
- Annalisa - Una finestra tra le stelle
- Malika Ayane - Adesso e qui
- Marco Masini - Che giorno è
- Chiara - Straordinario
- Gianluca Grignani - Sogni infranti
- Nek - Fatti avanti amore
- Nina Zilli - Sola
- Dear Jack - Il mondo esplode
- Alex Britti - Un attimo importante
- Biggio e Mandelli (I soliti idioti) - Vita d’inferno
- Moreno - Oggi ti parlo così
- Bianca Atzei - Il solo al mondo
- RAF - Come una favola
- Lara Fabian - Voce
- Grazia di Michele & Mauro Coruzzi - Io sono una finestra
- Il Volo - Grande amore
- Anna Tatangelo - Libera
- Nesli - Buona fortuna amore
- Irene Grandi - Un vento senza nome
- Lorenzo Fragola - Siamo uguali
Who are the artists?
Among the artists we find interesting names, like former Eurovision Song Contest participants Nina Zilli who represented Italy in 2012 or Raf, the singer of the iconic Self Control, who did so in 1987 with the classic Eurovision hit Gente DI Mare. The Belgian-Italian-Canadian Lara Fabian represented Luxembourg in 1988.
Others are former Sanremo participants, like Annalisa, Malika Ayane, Marco Masini (winner in 2004 he also won the newcomers category in 1990 and was part of the backing group in Eurovision for Gente di Mare), Chiara, Gianluca Grignani, Nek, Alex Britti (newcomer's winner in 1999), Grazia di Michele, Anna Tatangelo (winner of the newcomers in 2002) or Irene Grandi.
Annalisa also took part in the talent show Amici di Maria De Filippi, just like the rapper Moreno who won it last year. The band Dear Jack placed second in the same contest earlier this year. Meanwhile Chiara and Lorenzo Fragola are winners of the Italian version of the X Factor and the operatic boyband Il Volo met in the young talents show Ti Lascio Una Canzone in 2009.
The other performers are the comedians Biggio e Mandelli (I soliti idioti), the rapper Nesli, TV personality Mauro Coruzzi (Platinette) and the pop singer Bianca Atzei.