Tonight, MRT has announced that the F.Y.R. Macedonian national final will take place on the eve of the Day of Liberation of Skopje, on the 12th of November. This season, the broadcaster raised the bar by technical and musical means.
The national final will be the part of the Skopje Festival 2014. This spectacular event will be broadcast from Metropolis Arena in Skopje, starting at 20:15 CET. The host of the festival will be the famous F.Y.R. Macedonian actor Vasil Zafircev.
Initially, more than 200 compositions have arrived in the studio of MRT. It was a tough job for the jury to select 20 best songs. In the national final, these entries will be accompanied by a big MRT orchestra consisting of 54 top musicians. The running order of the selected compositions and performers will be determined by lots and announced few days before the Festival.
Here is the list of the 20 participants in the Skopje Festival (song titles are working titles):
- Risto Samardziev & Vlatko Ilievski - North-South
- Lena Zatkoska - Hello
- Aleksandra Janeva - In Your World
- Nade Talevska - I Know
- Sanja Gjoshevska - I Want To Fly
- Viktorija Loba - I’m Missing Someone Like You
- Goran Naumovski & Sanja Kerkez - A Moment Without You
- Lidija Kochovska & Marjan Stojanovski - Sunshine Through The Clouds
- Vera Jankovikj - I Want To Fly
- Evgenija Chanchalova - If I Don’t Love You
- Daniel Kajmakoski - Perfect Storm
- Tamara Todevska - Sinking Ship
- Aleksandar Tarabunov & Toni Mihajlovski - Maria
- Dimitar Andonovski - Everything I Promised
- Verica Pandilovska - Just For You
- Tanja Carovska - I Miss You Like Hell
- Myatta - Deep Down Inside Me
- Joce Panov - Neither "L" Form Love
- Aleksandra Mihova - Heart Keeps Memories
- Sasho Gigov-Gish - Blues
One of the twenty best participants of the Skopje Festival 2014 will be selected by a 50/50 decision of an international jury and a public televote, and will represent F.Y.R. Macedonia in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest.
Find out more about the Skopje Festival in the feature we published before
This content is unfortunately no longer available