123 songs were submitted to the Maltese broadcaster for the 2010 national selection, this number is lower than in the past as some new rules were introduced restricting artists to just one song per singer. Foreign composers were also excluded from being able to compete.
These 123 entries were whittled down to a semi final line up of 36 songs, which have been showcased on Maltese television over the past weeks. The finalists have now been revealed and this is the running order in which they will present their songs in the final.
- Dorothy Bezzina - Moments
- Foxy Federation - Fired Up
- Lawrence Gray - Stories
- Eleanor Spiteri - Velvet Ocean
- Claudia Faniello - Samsara
- Thea Garrett - My Dream
- Priscilla & Kurt - Waterfall
- Nadine & Clifford - Once In A Lifetime
- Glen Vella - Just A Little More Love
- Audrey Marie - Good Intentions
- Klinsmann - Her Name Was Anne
- Claire Galea - Ole Satchmo Blues
- Wayne Micallef - Save A Life
- Petra - All I Need
- Ryan Dale & Duminka - One 4 You
- Eleanor Cassar - Choices
- Silverclash - Broken
- Tiziana - Words Are Not Enough
- Ruth Portelli - Three Little Words
- Pamela - Hold On
Malta will select their entry on 20th February. The final will be presented by Keith Demicoli, Pauline Agius and Owen Bonnici. It will be held at the Fairs and Convention Centre in Ta 'Qali.The running order for the final will be made tomorrow.
Malta finished in 22nd place in the final of the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest with Chiara's ballad What If We.