PBS Malta has revealed the list of the 16 finalists competing for the right to represent Malta in the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest. A professional jury, including international experts, selected the finalists. The winner will be chosen in a live national final in February.
Last year Claudia Faniello finally represented Malta in the Eurovision Song Contest with the song Breathlessly. She made it to the Eurovision stage after more than a decade of participating in the Maltese national selection, a testament to not giving up. The search is now on to find Claudia's successor!
The Maltese finalists for 2018
- Dai Laga performed by Aidan
- We Can Run performed by Avenue Aky
- Heart Of Gold performed by Brook Borg
- Taboo performed by Christabelle Borg
- One Step At A Time performed by Danica Muscat
- Turn It Up performed by Deborah C
- Back to Life performed by Eleanor Cassar
- Supernovas performed by Jasmine Abela
- Love Renegade performed by Lawrence Gray
- Call 2morrow performed by Matthew Anthony
- Breaking Point performed by Mikhail Attard and Cherylis Camilleri
- Rocket performed by Miriana Conte
- Evolution performed by Petra
- Beyond Blue Horizons performed by Rhiannon Micallef
- Song For Dad performed by Richard & Joe Micallef
- First Time performed by Tiziana Calleja
For further details visit the website of PBS Malta. The Maltese national selection will take place in February 2018 and the winner will represent Malta at the Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon in May.