The Maltese final will start at 20.45 CET this evening and you will be able to watch the show live here through our very own ESCTV.
Pauline Agius and Keith Demicoli will host the show from the Malta Fairs and Convention Centre in Ta' Qali. Owen Bonnici will provide backstage reports. Initially a total of 123 entries were submitted to Maltese broadcaster PBS. These were then whittled down to a semi final line up of 36 songs. 20 songs from the semi finals have qualified to tonight's final. The running order for tonights show is as follows :-
- Dorothy Bezzina - Moments
- Foxy Federation - Fired Up
- Lawrence Gray - Stories
- Eleanor Spiteri - Velvet Ocean
- Claudia Faniello - Samsara
- Thea Garrett - My Dream
- Priscilla & Kurt - Waterfall
- Nadine Axisa & Clifford Galea - Once In A Lifetime
- Glen Vella - Just A Little More Love
- Audrey Marie Bartolo - Good Intentions
- Klinsmann - Her Name Was Anne
- Claire Galea - Ole Satchmo Blues
- Wayne Micallef - Save A Life
- Petra Zammit - All I Need
- Ryan Dale & Duminka - One For You
- Eleanor Cassar - Choices
- Silverclash - Broken
- Tiziana Calleja - Words Are Not Enough
- Ruth Portelli - Three Little Words
- Pamela Bezzina - Hold On
Two of tonights guests are former Maltese participants in Europe's Favourite TV Show, firstly Chiara (1998, 2005 and 2009) and also Mary Spiteri (1992). The overseas guest will be Armenia's 2008 representative Sirusho who took her country to 4th place in Belgrade with her song Qele Qele. Chiara will in fact open the show this evening with a dance version of her 2009 song What If We, which finished in 22nd place in the Final last year in Moscow.
The winner of Go Malta Eurosong 2010 will be decided by a mixture of 50% televoting and 50% international jury.
Malta's best ever results in the Eurovision Song Contest were in 2002 in Tallinn where Ira Losco's 7th Wonder finished as runner up, and again they finished in second place with Chiara in Kyiv in 2005 with Angel where both artists came very close to winning the ultimate prize for their country.