When Malena Ernman took the victory at the Swedish national selection Melodifestivalen with a storm, it was a surprise to many. She had been the country's most popular opera diva for a while back then but it was joining pop and opera music which brought her one of the most valued victories in the Scandinavian country.
After representing her nation at Europe's favourite TV-show, she's kept her popularity and been giving concerts. If you've been to Stockholm the past months, you could see her posters everywhere. Now, if you haven't had the chance to see her perform live yet, then see below and hopefully you can do that soon. She'll perform next there:
- 8 August in Örbyhus
- 9 August in Ekensholm
- 16 August in Stockholm
- 4 September in Gothenburg
- 5 September in Gothenburg
- 29 September in Dido and Aenas, Amsterdam
- 30 September in Dido and Aenas, Amsterdam
- 2 October 02 in Dido and Aenas, Amsterdam
- 3 October 03 in Dido and Aeneas, Amsterdam
- 4 October 04 in Dido and Aeneas, Amsterdam
- 6 October 06 in Dido and Aeneas, Amsterdam
- 10 October 10 in Dido and Aeneas, London
- 27 November 27 in Copenhagen
She takes the leading role in the opera Dido and Aenas, so you can see her doing her everyday job, the one of an opera-singer! She also released a new pop and opera album in Europe recently, called La Voix Du Norde or The Voice of the North. It includes eleven arias and the same number of pop songs. If Swedish people could buy it already in July then now people all over the world can do the same as it was released worldwide in August!
Malena Ernman achieved the 21st place in the Final of this year's Eurovision Song Contest with her song La Voix.