La Fiesta Terminó: Madrid hosts its first Eurovision Pre-party18 April 2017 at 14:00 CEST
Ruth Lorenzo, who represented Spain in the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest hosted the concert which took place in the heart of the Spanish capital. Ruth belted out her Eurovision hit Dancing In The Rain and was later joined by Barei, who represented Spain in the 2016 contest with the song Say Yay!
From Montenegro's Slavko Kalezić to Spain's own Manel Navarro, 21 of this year's participants performed in front of an enthusiast crowd of nearly 2,000 in Madrid's concert venue La Riviera, not only their Eurovision entries but also some surprises like collaborations between the artists, a-capella performances or songs with live arrangements.
The full line up included:
- Albania - Lindita – World
- Austria - Nathan Trent – Running On Air
- Belgium – Blanche – City Lights
- Bulgaria - Kristian Kostov – Beautiful Mess
- Czech Republic - Martina Bárta – My Turn
- Cyprus – Hovig – Gravity
- France – Alma – Requiem
- Georgia – Tamara Gachechiladze – Keep The Faith
- Ireland - Brendan Murray - Dying To Try
- Israel - IMRI – I Feel Alive
- Latvia - Triana Park - Line
- Lithuania - Fusedmarc – Rain Of Revolution
- Moldova - Sunstroke Project – Hey Mamma!
- Montenegro – Slavic – Space
- Poland – Kasia Mós – Flashlight
- Romania - Ilinca & Alex – Yodel It!
- San Marino - Valentina Monetta & Jimmie Wilson – Spirit Of The Night
- Serbia - Tijana Bogicevic - In Too Deep
- Spain - Manel Navarro – Do It For Your Lover
- Sweden – Robin Bengtsson – I Can’t Go On
- Switzerland - Timebelle - Apollo
Lindita from Albania (pictured above) walked the red carpet in Madrid. For many artists Madrid was the last stop on their promotional tour around Europe and beyond. Before the concert the performers met with press and fans on the red carpet and some even found time for some sightseeing around the city.
With less than two weeks to go until rehearsals begin for the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest, the participating artists will now return home to make their final preparations before jetting off to Kyiv at the end of the month.