Last Saturday saw the first elimination round of the Lithuanian national selection for the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest. The first eight participants that performed in this first qualificaition round were (televoting winners in bold):
- Vudis & Samanta Tina - Hey Chaki – Mama
- Vincentas Linkevičius - Dance The Night (285 votes)
- Gabrielius Vagelis - Sacrifise
- Uhnè Smile - Call To You Mum
- Saulės Broliai - Loreen (1006 votes)
- Valerija Iljinaitė - Kate‘s Morning At 10:08
- Andrius Pojavis - Something (411 votes)
- Julija Jegorova - I‘ll Carry You
The song that received the highest number of televotes was called Loreen, presumably after Sweden's most recent winner of the Eurovision Song Contest. Below you can watch a YouTube clip of the Saulės Brothers performance thanks to LRT:
The results of the expert jury were not announced and combined yet, so it is possible that some other participant will qualify for the next round. This was the first of five qualification rounds. Then we'll have the Semi-finals on the 8th and the 15th of December and the grand final on Saturday the 22nd of December 2012.
Back in May Donny Montell represented Lithuania in Baku and reached the 13th place in the Final with Love Is Blind.