Tonight's semi-final already featured some notable performance and even gimmicks: Mino, just like his two backing vocalists, were playing on "human cellos" during their stage act - girls with chords along their backs. Dovydas Maščinskas was playing a blues harp during parts of his song, underlining its musical style, a mix of blues, country and rock.
Artistic figures were the focus of Urtė Šilagalytė's stage act, with her backing vocalists even lifting her up and turning her upside down. One of tonight's candidates can already look back at his own Eurovision experience: Sasha Song represented Lithuania in the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow.
In the end, three songs qualified for the final of the Lithuanian national selection by the joint decision of an expert jury and the televoters. This is the result of tonight's show (in order of appearance, qualifiers in bold):
- Mino - Don’t Go
- Aurelija Slavinskaitė - The End
- Mezzo Tronic - I Mean It
- Laura Juraitė - City Of Steel
- Neferitė - 3 Wishes
- The Independent - 7th Bus
- Gintarė Korsakaitė - Atmerk Akis
- Dovydas Maščinskas - Dirty Avenue
- Monika - Days Go By
- Martynas Beinaris - Tomorrow And After
- Urtė Šilagalytė - Candy Baby
- Sasha Song - The Slogan Of Our Nation
- Agnieška - Her Name Is May
- Ramūnas Difartas - Before You Go
The next semi-final will take place on Saturday, February 12th, again at 20:00 CET. Lithuania was drawn to take part in the First Semi-Final of the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest, to be held on May 10th.