The outcome of tonight’s show is: Lithuania has its first five finalists! By the end of the show, the votes of TV viewers and jury were combined and the names of the winners appeared on the screen in the following order:
During the LIVE broadcast from Vilnius, composers from Germany, Russia and Sweden: Brandon Stone, Valerij Prosvirov and Liselott Bjork, shared their votes with Lithuanian TV audience (10 points went to Aistė Pilvelytė, Julija Jegorova and Vaidas Baumila). However, the members of the national jury: Vytenis Pauliukaitis, Jurga Šeduikytė, Edmundas Seilius and Ramūnas Zilnys, gave their biggest support to: Vaidas Baumila, Vilija Matačiūnaitė and Justinas Lapatinskas. Nevertheless, according to the results of televoting, the greatest number of votes from TV viewers (747) won Vilija Matačiūnaitė.
Show #2: Artists who took part
In this year’s concept for the national selection, LRT wanted to bring more Eurovision euphoria to the audience in Lithuania, that’s why three million TV viewers in this Baltic state, can enjoy ten shows and many great Eurovision songs being performed from some of the previous contests. Tonight, we have seen and heard a bit different versions of some very known Eurovision entries.
1. Aistė Pilvelytė (Loreen) Euphoria, 2012
2. Aleksandra Metalnikova (Ruslana) Wild Dances, 2004
3. Vaidas Baumila (Marco Mengoni) L’Essenziale, 2013
4. Julija Jegorova (Ani Lorak) Shady Lady, 2008
5. Vilija Matačiūnaitė (Shiri Maimon) Hesheket Shenishat, 2005
6. Jurijus Veklenko (Roman) Standing Still, 2012
7. Justinas Lapatinskas (A Friend In London) New Tomorrow, 2011
8. Sasha Song (Celine Dion) Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi, 1988
9. Juozas Butnorius (Olsen Brothers) Fly On The Wings Of Love, 2000
10. Vig Roses (Vanilla Ninja) Cool Vibes, 2005
The next round with another ten contestants is being set up for the next Saturday (28th December). From show to show, there will be less qualifiers and the final decision about the artist who is going to represent Lithuania at Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Denmark is going to be made on 15th of February.
All the shows have a webcast, so even if you are living outside of Lithuania, you can still follow LRT’s Eurovision marathon on the Internet.